Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pee-peeing in the potty?!?!?!

That's right, Luke pee-peed in the potty several times this week. I am SO not ready for that. Our wonderful sitter was here on Tuesday and said she thought she would just try it out and, no problem, Luke thinks peeing in the potty is great! Jacob is not really interested and that's just fine with me. I'm really not trying to potty train them but if they're interested, I guess that's fine.

Our biggest dilemma lately is that we lost the camera. Honestly, I'm pretty thrilled we didn't lose it before now. It's small and compact and perfect for outings with the kiddos and apparently easy to lose. We have another camera but it's big and clunky so we may have to live with that one for a while. I've actually just been taking pics of the boys with my cell phone which aren't too terrible if I do say so myself...

Jacob is the worst eater on the planet but I love these individual peanut butter packs - perfect for school!
Having a serious discussion about popsicles.
Luke - head freeze!
Jacob was very careful eating his popsicle - he savored every bite...

And then went into a popsicle coma.

We've been enjoying the last weeks of summer (and hopefully the end of the 100-degree weather) and getting ready for the boys to go back to Sunshine School. They start on Monday and it's sure to be traumatic for all. This year they will be taking naps on nap mats at school instead of in cribs so I found some adorable fabric and got a pattern from my multiple's group and enlisted the help of my mom to make some nap mats. And when I say "help from my mom" what I really mean is that she made them. But I had every intention of helping if I knew how to sew. Look how cute these things turned out...thanks, Mom!




The boys are definitely going to be confused on Monday when they're expected to lay down on these and take a nap. Oh, to be a fly on the wall! I will definitely report back on how the first day goes!

Have I mentioned that Jacob likes to eat crayons and chalk? I'm sure most 2-year-olds think it's interesting to taste but Jacob would literally EAT the stuff if I let him. Especially chalk - it's his favorite. For a while we just couldn't let them use crayons or chalk at all because he would immediately start munching on it but he is getting better. Now he just likes to hoard the chalk and wait until you're not watching and take a little bite.
Several people have told me that kids do this when they're missing something in their diet or when they have reflux - I don't know. My Pedi already thinks I'm crazy so I should probably just call his office and ask - wouldn't be the craziest thing I've called about...
We're off to meet-the-teacher this afternoon so wish us luck!


No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers