So, this has been a rather hectic week. We went to Cincinnati on Monday to meet with a surgeon there that does the pancreas surgery that Jack will be having. We really liked him and feel so much more comfortable about the whole thing. Not that surgery is ever fun, but I think this is what we need to do. So, we found out on Thursday that he will be having the surgery on Tuesday, March 20th in Cincinnati...oh my goodness that's so soon!! Unfortunately that also means that Jack will be spending his 30th birthday in the hospital...sad. I'm sure that never having to deal with pancreatitis again will be present enough, though. In case you want to know more about hereditary pancreatitis, here's the link to the hospital where Jack will be having surgery...
http://www.ucpancreas.org/hereditarypancreatitis.htm It sounds like he will be back to his Jack ways by mid-April so I will try my hardest to keep everyone updated.
So, that was the first thing that happened this week...now on to the babies! We met with the Perinatologist on Wednesday and saw the babies for the 4th time! They looked huge!! They are each a little over 2" long which is just perfect for their age. I still can't feel a thing so it's really hard to believe all that activity is going on inside. Here is their latest picture...
Baby "A" is the top picture - he/she seems to be a little calmer than Baby "B". We didn't get to find out the sex this time, but hopefully we will in a couple of weeks!!
Then on Thursday on had to go back to Cincinnati for work, but luckily now I am back at home. Whew...exhausting. Hopefully we will be spending the weekend sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment