Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've been thinking since my post about not wanting to move and have had an epiphany (which may or may not have anything to do with the Pioneer Woman): I do want to move - to the country.  I want to live on a pseudo-farm (meaning, no livestock or other animals but maybe some pretty horses or cows on the "farm" next door) with a few acres of land and plenty of room for all my boys (including Jack) to run, play and be...boys.  And I will cook incredible food from scratch with fresh fruits and veggies from my organic garden.  My one exception to the "no animal" rule might be chickens.  It just sounds so very farmish to have fresh eggs every day.  The boys are already working on their egg skills...
I don't think my farm dreams will actually come true but a gal can always hope, right? 

In other non-farm related news, after much debate and discussion (with myself b/c Jack was really not too concerned) we decided to move the boys back into the same room.  What?!?!  I know, they have always been rock-star sleepers (for the most part) and I've always contributed it to the fact that they didn't have someone screaming in their ear at 2AM but I just couldn't resist the quaint pictures in my head of them having fun sharing a room.  And, you know what, so far so good...

Luke playing in his "new" bed - Jacob's bed.
Jacob was definitely excited about it!

Now that I'm looking at these pictures, though, I think it's time to update their room to something a little older.  I think we're done with the powder blue, little baby phase...tears.

Several months ago I stole an idea from one of my mom's groups to split up all the boys' toys into several large plastic bins and then rotate out a new bin of toys every month or so.  This has definitely helped with the massive amount of toys but, I have to be honest, I haven't been very good about switching out the bins.  It's pretty much been the same bin of toys for about, oh, four/five months.  Anywho...I finally got around to switching out the bins a few days ago and, oh goodness, I'm so glad I did because Luke has "rediscovered" his stuffed dinosaur which he now refers to as "Rexie".  In case you don't watch Caillou faithfully like we do, Rexie is the name of Caillou's stuffed dinosaur as well and most definitely where Luke came up with this name.  Rexie has been everywhere with us today and is currently taking a nap with Luke.


It's actually pretty stinkin cute how attached he is to Rexie.  He keeps telling me that he loves Rexie and Rexie loves Luke/Jacob/Mommy/Daddy/Bunny/GeeGee.  Now, if I just thought Jacob's strange obsession with all Disney DVD's was just as cute...  Seriously, he is OBSESSED.  You know those RedBox DVD rental boxes that are popping up everywhere?  Every time he sees one - even if we pass one in the car - he starts yelling, "Disney DVD"!  And honestly, I'm thrilled to death about it because he can say, "Disney DVD" - just a few months ago he would have just been pointing and yelling.  Yea, Jacob!  He still says a whole lot of stuff we don't understand but there's also a whole lot of stuff we do understand.  Like, the entire alphabet...he will even sing the song.  He will also use the tune of the alphabet song to sing all sorts of other random stuff.  We need to get that on video.  His teacher at MDO also told me that when they say prayers he says, "Mommy, Daddy Amen."  Ugh, melt my heart.  Kids saying prayers is just the cutest thing on the planet. 

Enough of my ramblings for today - we are headed outside to enjoy some beautiful Texas weather!

1 comment:

The Gradke Family said...

Just found your blog on Carly's blog. I am so excited to be able to catch up with your family this way. I really enjoy reading blogs. Your boys are just to cute. It looks like you have your hands full.
Take care
Natalie Scott Gradke

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers