Friday, May 7, 2010

As if you thought I would really be a better blogger...

Remember a few blogs ago when I resolved to be a better blogger this year?  Yeah, well, I'm not.  I actually started this post over a month ago.  If it's any consolation, I am always writing posts in my head but obviously they rarely make it here.  So, needless to say, I have some catching up to do.


I know it's almost Summer now but I don't think I ever posted pictures of the ridiculous snow we had this Winter.  I think it snowed last year but the boys weren't really old enough to understand - now they totally do and it was so much fun!

This is a shot of the street from our front door - love how it's a complete winter wonderland.
Luke with his snowman who, about 5 seconds after this picture, knocked him over with the shovel.

The boys, my parents and I took a little trip to Erica's boyfriend's ranch in Bells, Texas while Jack was having fun with rattlesnakes in Sweetwater.  I thought it would be a good idea if we gave "farm life" a trial run before we pack up our things and move. 

Luke, my dad and I on his Bad Boy Buggy...

John helping Luke drive the "motorcycle"

Riding the "motorcycle" with D...

Fishing! My mom found the cutest fishing poles for the boys and they LOVED them!

Luke's favorite thing was John's "tractor" - so excited!

Thanks, John, for having us at the ranch - we can't wait to come back and go fishing!  We may even let Jack come this time.

So I guess that brings us to Easter?  The boys had a ton of fun with Easter egg hunting this year.  The hilarious part is that they really didn't care too much about what was inside - they just wanted to find the eggs, open them and then throw them on the ground...even when there was money in them!!  Don't worry, Jack and I quickly followed behind them and picked up the money.

Luke checking out what the Easter Bunny brought him at my parents house.

Erica and I posing during the egg hunting.

The boys were too busy checking out their eggs to smile for a group shot.

The boys absolutely love my parents dogs, Buck & Hank.
"Look at all my eggs, mom!"


Discussing Scooby Doo & Shaggy in their church clothes at the Patterson's

Uncle Jeffrey trying to steal Luke's money...and how about Luke's shiner??

This egg looks like a basketball!

Aunt Katie & Uncle Jeffrey - we're so excited to meet the boys' new cousin in a few months!

About as good as it gets for family photos with 2 1/2 year-olds.  Oh, and no, they did not wear their faux-Crocs to church!

We decided to check-out the Ft. Worth Zoo a few weeks ago and, well, I really thought it would be a lot more fun than it was.  I think Luke would have had a lot of fun by himself but Jacob was really just not that into it.  I don't know if it was the long ride or all the people or Lord only knows what, but Jacob was not in great spirits that day.  So, we had a quick visit, everyone slept on the way home (except mommy) and then Jacob took a 3-hour nap when we got home.
The only time Jacob smiled at the zoo...when he was playing in the dirt!

"Bamingos!!"


How cute is this baby elephant?

So, this doesn't totally get us up-to-date but I figure it's a start.  Right now we're in denial that next week is the boy's last week of Sunshine School before summer.  Summer??  How is it already Summer?!?!

1 comment:

Aunt Erica said...

Cute pictures! I think you're being very efficient to do all of your updating at once, cover all the major events in one post! The picture of Luke with Hank and Buck is so cute, I'm trying to help Moose and Harry get over their hurt feelings since Luke now automatically says "No Harry, No Moose" when he hears my name... they love Luke! Oh well...one day maybe he will love them too! Great job on the blog...love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers