Sunday, September 12, 2010

New School!

After much deliberation and indecision (on my part, not Jack's) we finally decided to send the boys to a new school this year.

They have been going to Sunshine School at our church, Prestoncrest Church of Christ, for the past two years and we LOVE it there. I'm pretty sure I have gushed about it here before. But, I really needed a little more flexibility with my work schedule so their new school gives them the option to stay all day if needed which is really nice when I'm busy at work.

So, a few weeks ago they had their first day of school...

Yeah, pretty stinkin' cute, huh? Not that I'm one to brag about my kids.

They are now going to Scofield Christian School which is super-close to our house and feels just as much like home as Sunshine School. Well, not exactly the same but I definitely love the sense of family and love for God that everyone at that school emanates.

We literally made the decision on a Friday and they had their first day of class the following Wednesday. Have I mentioned that I am a terrible decision maker? They wear serious school uniforms and everything so, of course, since we were so late coming on board, the uniform place was out of their "official" school shirts but they just arrived today.

Their first day went pretty well with no pee-pee or poop accidents which was a relief for mommy. I mean, the boys are potty trained but definitely not go to the potty all by themselves and WIPE themselves potty trained. The day after their first day, pretty much our entire house came down with the gastro bug that would not go away. So, other than Jacob going to school one other day, they pretty much did not go to school again for about a week and a half.

Without giving you all the details of our adventures of pooping in our pants at school, yesterday was the first day since they started school 3 weeks ago that I did NOT receive a call that someone had pooped in their pants. YIPPEE! I was so excited that I let them eat chocolate ice cream for dinner.

I am really excited to see how this school year will be for them. I really like what I've seen so far and think their teachers are just great and obviously love the little kiddos. And, I'm really liking how their uniforms make getting dressed so much easier!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers