Now, moving on...
The Fall is an absolutely crazy time of year. Every year we can't wait until Summer is over and then, BOOM, it's January.
I really want to slow down this year and enjoy the holidays because the boys are actually starting to understand about Christmas and Jesus and, of course SANTA CLAUS. We introduced "Elf on the Shelf" a few weeks ago to much excitement.
If you are a parent and don't know about Elf on the Shelf yet, you need to find out soon. Our elf, "Bill", has been watching every move we make lately and, while it hasn't been the instant melt-down solver that I was hoping for, it's definitely given them some incentive to get-it-together.
Jacob especially understands that "Bill" is watching and tells Santa when you're good or bad. He REALLY wants the "Beauty and the Beast" movie for Christmas (along with every other Disney DVD on the planet). In case you don't know, Jacob is obsessed with all things DISNEY. Lord help us when they open the Disney store at NorthPark in a few weeks...
Our camera has been broken (we just picked it up today...yea!) so all of our recent pictures have been via iPhone. They're not terrible, but they're not great. We also have an absolutely precious video of them singing "Jesus Loves Me" at the Loftis Reunion but for some reason I can't get it to download on here. I will work on it.
Sometimes (or, pretty much every time) when Jack is out of town we will go spend the night in McKinney at my parents house. I think this was a few weeks ago when Jack was bird hunting...he's a serious hunter. Just call him Johnny.
Is there anything better than seeing how much your kids love your parents and vice versa? Jacob is absolutely nuts-o about his GeeGee...
D reading "Superman" to Luke.
This is a terrible picture but so hilarious. Sometimes Jacob wakes up from his nap early when, really, he just probably needs to pee-pee and go back to bed. This was one of those days but he INSISTED that he wanted to stay up and needed a cereal bar. I was in the kitchen and turned around to find him totally asleep, holding his cereal bar while sitting on the couch. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants...don't worry, it didn't wake him up!
It's not brainwashing, really.
This is what the boys get away with at GeeGee & D's house - jumping on the coffee table. I can't really say anything, though, because that's exactly what my sister and I did at our grandparents house.
Here's the culprit...Grandmother. She looks pretty devious, huh?
Grandmother turned 86 a few weeks ago - 86! She's soaking up some sun with Harry at my sister's house on her birthday.
Jack's company has a big team that participates in the Heart Walk every year in Downtown Dallas. We've taken the boys a few times but haven't actually attempted to walk the 3.1 miles with them. Luckily, they have all sorts of fun kids activities to keep them busy.
Like tattoos...
I promise I will work on the video and, now that we have the camera back, I'm sure I will be posting like crazy! ;)
You know there will be lots of picture of Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment