Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our New Year's in Alba

Jack and I went hunting for New Years' this year.

That's right, I went hunting. And, this wasn't my first time either. We went last year too. Just call me Jungle Jane. Or, probably something more hunterish...like Hunter Holly. I have no idea.

Anyway, Jack does like to hunt. I do not. But I DO like a couple of child-free days to do absolutely nothing. That sounds like great hunting to me.

Jack found this interesting little place in Alba, TX for our hunting adventure this year. You don't know where Alba is? Well, I'll tell you. It's in the middle of nowhere. And then, once you get to Alba, you drive even further into the middle of nowhere and you get to this place...

Yup, that was our cabin. Seriously.

I'm not sure about the square footage, but I've lived in 700 sq. ft. so this must have been about 100 sq. ft. Maybe 50.

Just how small? Well, I'll show you...

This tiny cubby hole actually sleeps 3 adults! Those are bunk beds (yes, bunk beds) and then there is a loft on top.

And here's the kitchen...

They did have a coffee maker, which is just about all I require first thing in the morning so all was right in my world.


I know it's not a glamorous way to spend New Year's but I hope this little tradition of ours continues!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers