Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas.

I'm so glad it's over.

Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays and always have grandiose plans for the fabulous and exciting things we're going to do. And about as soon as we get the decorations up, I lose all my steam.

Next year. Next year it will be greatness.

I did manage a little bit of craftiness with these Santa letters. No, I did not make the letters, but the shear fact that I bought them is crafty for me.





Really, though, this was an exciting year because the boys really understand about Santa Claus and Jesus' Birthday. Well, they don't totally get the Jesus' Birthday part but they totally get Santa Claus.

We started the festivities this year at GeeGee and D's house on Christmas Eve.


There's no going overboard at this house...

Aunt Erica and Uncle John gave the boys fun bouncy toys. And, yes, we were watching the Food Network.

Luke riding Rudy. And Giada de Laurentis making something yummy in the background.

I have no idea where Luke came up with this pirate eye patch but it was definitely a Christmas Eve staple.

Jacob looking scary with with red & silver eyes.

Luke, still has the eye patch....arrrgh!


We packed up our presents and headed back to our house for Christmas Eve night. The boys were so helpful putting out cookies and milk for Santa. And, of course, sugar for the reindeer. Did everyone do this sugar for the reindeer tradition? This was something Jack did growing up but I had never heard of.


Luke with his suit of armor from Santa.

Jack looking oh-so-excited about Christmas morning.

Soon to be a Knight in Shining Armor.

Jacob with Woody who's hat kept coming off. I immediately fixed that with the glue gun.
Jack is usually my red-eye fixer. Don't mind me looking old and haggard in the background.


Again with the old lady look. But Nemo's looking bright-eyed.

Luke with his blue lightsaber from Santa.

After we opened our presents and I had about 12 cups of coffee, we headed over to Bunny and Granddaddy's for Christmas Day festivities.


Mimi with Baby Avery. And Uncle Jeffrey eating in the background.

Luke with his favorite person on the planet, William.

The boys talk about Baby Avery all the time but usually don't have too much to do with her when they see her.
Apparently we completely stopped taking pictures after about 2 seconds at Bunny and Granddaddy's. You can probably guess what it looked like: 2 toddlers opening presents.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers