We've been sick...well, really just the boys, but that affects everyone in the house (and the Grandparents sometimes too).
Luke had it first and missed a week of school and then he so generously passed it on to Jacob who then missed a week of school.
The week after everyone was finally finished being sick, we got the most ridiculous snow and ice storm and ALL the schools (even DISD who usually NEVER closes) were closed for FOUR DAYS!
About mid-way into the first day of being home, we'd just about done all we could do in our house. So, we packed up my car, turned on the 4X4 and Jack drove the boys' and I to my parents house for two days of fun.
What a difference several thousand more square feet of space makes! Thank you, GeeGee and D for letting us crash - I know if was torture for you. ;)
We made it back to our house before the 4+ inches of snow arrived, but I could only get Luke to go outside for about 5 minutes. Jacob would have nothing to do with putting on all those layers of clothes. It was ridiculously cold - like 15 degrees cold. I know in North Dakota that's no big deal, but we don't live in North Dakota...this is Dallas. It will be 105 in a few short months.
I hate to waste bananas so I experimented with banana cake and cream cheese frosting.
I ate the cream cheese frosting by the spoonful. I'm not even kidding.
And when the sun finally came out again, Mr. Cool (AKA Jacob) was ready with his sunglasses and motorcycle.
Before the next round of ice hit, the boys and I managed to make a trip to the Dallas Children's Aquarium. This place is cool. Why have we never been here?
There were only a handful of people there so plenty of room to roam and explore the fish. The boys' loved it - they even got to feed the stingrays! This will definitely be a regular spot for us this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment