So, this is what we woke up to this morning (bright and early at 6:08am)...
WHAT?!?!? I heard the weather person say there might be a "light dusting" of snow on Saturday, but really, this is about 3 inches.
That was fine with these guys because we just threw our snow gear on top of our jammies and headed out to throw snowballs.
Yes, that's Luke throwing a snow ball right inside the house.
Since they weren't exactly dressed for winter games, the boys were soaked in about 5 minutes.
We had already planned on heading up to the mountains to check-out some of the fall foliage, so we stuck with that plan to see what the snow was like higher up.
We were not disappointed.
We didn't get too far up these mountain roads before the temperature started dropping and these Texas natives decided it was time to turn around.
It all worked out for the best, though, because we drove up on this herd of elk and deer. We immediately had to call Grandaddy and D to report. Jack was almost drooling.
The boys were not quite as excited as Jack & I about the wildlife, so we headed on down the road to eat pizza in Idaho Springs.
I'm loving winter just for the cute hats. Precious. And they were definitely not giving me a hard time about wearing them today!
Now we're back at home and I think we'll cozy up by the fire for the rest of the day. And make chili!

3 comments:
LOOKS AWESOME!! WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!
Beautiful! The matching North Face coats are adorable!
Looks like you guys are loving it there! The mountains look so gorgeous!
Post a Comment