Monday, April 9, 2007

Diabetes

Wow...I had no idea diabetes was so complicated. I'm sure after a while you get used to it but right now it is confusing. After our visits with the diabetes educator and the Endocrinologist last week I think my mind may explode from information overload! I would just like to say how thankful I am for the amount of research that has been put into the world of diabetes. I can not imagine what it must have been like to live with diabetes even 10 years ago...the advancements are truly amazing.
Jack is honestly so amazing about all of this - I just don't know if I could be half the person he is. I think he is focusing on the small accomplishments every day which is the best thing to do at this point. His blood sugars are definitely starting to be more consistently in the normal range (80-120) and I truly believe a lot of that is because of his own islet cells working away. Please continue to pray that his islet cells are making themselves at home in his liver and ready to start pumping out all the insulin he needs.
Have I mentioned how crazy-skinny Jack is now? I promise to take a picture of him tonight. Maybe we will take a group shot - my huge belly and his non-existent belly. He's lost over 20 lbs. since his surgery on March 20th!! He's lost 20 lbs. and I've probably gained about that much by now...it's so funny!
A quick update on the babies (a.k.a. the Patterson boys) - I switched doctors a few weeks ago (thank you, Laura) and just love my new doctor. I have an appointment with the Perinatologist on Thursday just for a growth scan so we're very excited to see what's happening in there. They feel like little jumping beans so I'm curious to see what they're up to. Hopefully I will have new pictures to share too...

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers