Thursday, April 19, 2007

Baby Drama

So, I did not post any new pictures after our Perinatologist visit last week because we had a little bit of Baby Drama. We went in for just a regular growth check and found out that one of the babies had an irregular heartbeat. Now, I am a fairly calm person normally but I was NOT calm about this. Luckily my Perinatologist is so amazing...he was very calm and just explained what he thought it probably was which is not a big deal. It still seems like it's a big deal when they're your kids, but he definitely made me feel better. If you ever need to see a Perinatologsit - Dr. Rinehart is the best! Anyway, he told us to come back in a week to check things out and to not eat chocolate or have any drinks with caffeine. Now, the caffeinated drinks thing is not a big deal, but the chocolate was a bit of a bummer. I didn't realize how much stuff I ate with chocolate!! Obviously the babies were well worth the sacrifice. So we went back for our checkup today and Baby B is perfectly normal - no irregular heartbeat! He went ahead and checked Baby A as well - just in case they were doing some crazy twin switch-a-roos, but they are both perfectly normal and healthy! Whew! What a sigh of relief!
Here are some pictures from last week...I thought this was a great profile shot of Baby B. He weighs 11 oz. - almost the size of a Coke can!

Here's another alien shot of Baby A...he weighs about 10.5 oz.


2 comments:

MereMoore said...

OH MY!!! I didn't know about that...I am so thankful everything is ok! that silly little boy is going to be TROUBLE!

Alexis said...

I'm glad everything is okay! How scary that must have been. Hope you are still feeling well! Tell Jack we said hello! Glad he is doing well after his surgery!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers