Wednesday, April 4, 2007

He's Home!

After what seemed like a really long time (but has really only been two weeks) Pam and I went and picked up Jack and Johnny at the airport Monday night! Jack had his follow-up appointment on Monday with his surgeon who removed his staples and released him to come back home. Yippee!! I was absolutely shocked to see Jack when we arrived at the airport - he is so skinny! He told me that he was thin, but he really looks like he's been through a famine or something. I think in total he has lost about 20 pounds in two weeks!
Jack is still very exhausted from the surgery and spent most of yesterday just sleeping which is probably exactly what his body needs. They have done some adjustments with his long-acting insulin to help regulate his blood sugars a little better so I think that will help with his energy level as well. We are meeting with the Diabetes educator this afternoon and then with his Endocrinologist tomorrow so I am very interested to hear what they have to say. His surgeon said it could be up to six months before we know if his islet cells are working in his liver so we will continue to pray for that over the next several months.

1 comment:

klktag00 said...

Suzanne I am so glad to hear that he is home. I know you have to be relieved to have him back in Dallas. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Tell Jack Howdy for me and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Love KK

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers