
Today was my 40-week due date and what is the boys "adjusted" or "corrected" birth date. Preemies developmental milestones are usually based on this "adjusted" age since they were born early. What does that mean? Well, the boys will be two months old tomorrow based on their actual birth date but for developmental tracking they will just be one day old tomorrow. So basically they are not expected to be doing the things that a full term baby would be doing at two months old - make sense? Their doctors and specialists will use this "adjusted" age for at least the first year of their life which is about when they should be caught up with full term babies born when they were. So for the next year the boys have two birthdays!!
On to other exciting things...college football! Now, I will admit that I am a fairly prissy gal but being married to one of the biggest sports nuts on the planet has definitely made an impact on my interest in college football and the Dallas Mavericks. My favorite time of year is the fall and it's mainly because of college football. Now, as most of you know, we're all Aggies around here (except for my poor mom who went to Baylor but we have forgiven her) so in order to properly prepare for the season we had to get the boys ready...

You know this picture will be hanging up in my parents travel-trailer (aka the Aggie Mobile). Unfortunately the boys will not be attending a game this year but I know they will be rooting for the Aggies from their bouncy seats.
Oh! More exciting news about the boys - I can't believe I almost forgot! We weighed them yesterday and Jacob is 7lbs, 9oz and Luke is 8lbs, 14oz!! I can't believe it! Well, actually I can believe it because Luke is starting to look a little bit like me when I was born (yes, I was a 9lb, 5oz baby - can you believe it??).
On another note not pertaining to the boys...for those of you in the Dallas area, the Komen Dallas Race for the Cure is coming up on Saturday, October 20th! Komen is doing and has done so many amazing things in the world of breast cancer (and I'm completely unbiased since I work for them) and we all know someone that has been affected so you should all definitely sign up!! You can go to their website at http://www.komen-dallas.org/ to register or if you're interested in starting a team let me know and I would be more than happy to organize it in all my free time!! :-)
3 comments:
the outfits are absolutely adorable! Although I am far from being an Aggie fan, I have to say that the cuties look very "agg-alicious". I live very close to yawl and Meg and I would love to come visit sometime!!
Awesome. Love the outfits.
Gig 'em and IYACYAS!
PB
The boys look cute in their outfits. They are getting so big. I am glad that they are doing so well. Hopefully they will start sleeping longer soon. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment