On Thursday we took Luke to have his "crazy head" checked out. Luke has had Positional Plagiocephaly since his days in the womb. Although they only spent 31 weeks and 2 days in there, Jacob was hogging all the good head space. They worked like champs to round out his head while he was still in the hospital and we've been diligent about it at home as well, but it's pretty much as good as it's going to get on it's own. So, unfortunately Luke will be spending a few months in a helmet...poor guy. Especially since he's a boy and won't have poofy hair to cover up his crazy head, we think this is the right thing to do. In case you're not familiar, here's what they look like...

On Friday, we had our follow-up appointment with the Developmental Specialists from the hospital. As you probably remember, since the boys were two months early they are not expected to meet the developmental milestones for their actual age. So, now that they are 5 months old they are only expected to be achieving the developmental milestones for a 3-month-old baby. Of course, the boys are OVERACHIEVERS and were meeting the majority of the developmental milestones for their actual age. This is such a blessing and an answered prayer!! They also told us that poor little Luke is a bit overweight. I have no idea what they're talking about...
This little chunky monkey overweight?? What?? I think 16 pounds, 7 ounces is great!!After all those doctor's appointments I figured they needed an exciting break so the guys tried out their "big boy" stroller for the first time!
No, we did not ride around inside the house but I had to bring it in to figure out all the bells and whistles. I'm not sure they're crazy about it yet but we will definitely try again!

2 comments:
Okay, those Santa outfits cracked me up!! They look so cute in them! I'm glad everything is going well with your boys. Can't wait to meet them in person one day!
I work with Jack and I often read your blog! I love reading about your little family. Also, another reason that I read it is because My 9 month old daughter has acid reflux really bad. She has been on Prevacid, Zantac & Bethanchol. We have also seen a GI Specialist. I am just curious what your doctors have told you. The reflux at first was affecting her weight gain, but now not so much. But I feel so bad for her becuase she makes this horrible face when she spits up. I have been told numerous times that she should grow out of it by 1 because she'll be on solids- which she is on- but it hasn't seem to have gotten any better. She now just throws up solids mulitple times a day. So again I'm just curious as to what you have heard from your doctors.
Thanks!
aijones@swst.com
Amber Jones
Post a Comment