It's time again for mommy to give some updates on the fun things the boys are doing now so I will actually remember some of this stuff in the future. I can't seem to get this done on a consistent basis so I figure if I at least write this stuff down every six months I am probably covering the high points.
So, hmmm, what are our babies doing? My friend Lauren came over the other night and when I referred to the boys as "babies" she said, "You know they're not really babies anymore, right?". What??? It's funny because I still think they're babies and when I see real babies I can't seem to remember when my boys were that size. It's as if they have always been the size they are now. I'm glad they're not 3 pounds anymore but Luke's 30+ pounds are starting to take a toll on mommy's back. Picking Luke up is a little like picking up a cinder block - seriously. He is just a thick dude. I think Jacob is probably closer to about 25-26 pounds but he feels light-as-a-feather in comparison.
Luke, looking like a big boy with his belly sticking out while offering "my mommy" a "doo-dah" (cracker).

I miss my little babies but I'm glad we're in this fun stage. Don't get me wrong, they are a LOT of work but their personalities are really starting to come out and that is so much more rewarding and exciting. Jacob is so serious yet quite hilarious at times too. He is content doing his own thing and does not want to be messed with. He loves to crumple up the leaves outside - he could sit doing this for probably 45 minutes. I have no idea what is so thrilling about the leaves (or "eeves" as he says) but don't mess with him while he's having leaf time. He has made some progress with language development. Our therapist with ECI, Melanie (or "puppy" as Luke refers to her) comes every Friday morning and works with us on his speech. Jacob now says leaf, tree ("EEE"), stick ("ick") and swing ("ing"). We may have heard please too but I'm not really sure about that one. He does say some mama and dada but really only when he's upset or needs something. Jacob is always in a great mood in the early evening - that's when we really see his killer smile. I know I'm biased, but there is nothing cuter than Jacob with a big smile. That, combined with his bright blue eyes - he's going to be a heartbreaker.
Jacob taking a break in the sandbox.
Jacob with his leaves and, yes, that is a girl's shirt he's wearing. But it's Elmo so who cares, right?

Luke, oh Luke. He definitely has his daddy's sense of humor and adventure. He is the most curious little guy I have ever seen. He is so amazingly observant - it's scary. Now that we know how closely he is watching us it's interesting to see how quickly he learns. I didn't think we were at that stage where we need to watch what we say but apparently we are. He can definitely repeat things if he's paying attention. Luke's absolute favorite thing on the planet is playing basketball ("buh-ball"). We have three basketball hoops in the backyard including the adult one which Luke constantly asks if we will lift him up to. ("Mommy buh-ball beeeez" while pointing at the basketball hoop 10 feet up). He also likes throwing the ball and really anything else for that matter. He sat in the ball pit this week and threw EVERY SINGLE ball out of the pit. The scary thing is that he actually is really coordinated and has pretty good accuracy for a 21-month old. He obviously got this from his father because his mother is neither coordinated nor any good at team sports. Although I did play some serious t-ball back in the day.
Luke showing Jacob how to drive Gee Gee's car.
Luke also wearing his little girl Elmo shirt.
We found out a few months ago that Luke has Reactive Airway Disease (RAD) which really doesn't mean too much other than for some reason when he gets sick he tends to have airway issues and wheezing. This can sometimes mean asthma and sometimes not but if we can keep him from getting sick and causing damage to his airways then it's less likely that he will end up with asthma. So, we decided that we would take the boys out of Sunshine School to hopefully avoid getting sick as much and see if Luke does any better. So far, so good but we really miss Sunshine School.
So, those are pretty much the highlights of what the boys are doing at 21-months. We really can't believe they are almost 2! I remember when I thought that was so old and now, like I said, I still think they're my babies.