Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weekend of Fury

The weekend is only a day old and we already have enough pictures and background info to fill-up a blog posting.

Last night, my Mom came-over (fresh from her trip to Paris with my Dad) to watch the boys so we could get-out for dinner and a movie. Saturday morning started with a "Luke Alarm Clock" at 6:20 a.m. Since we were leaving for my grandmother's 80th birthday party at 11:30 a.m., I had strict instructions to take the boys to the Galleria in the morning to wear them out.

As you can see from the pictures, the boys weren't worn-out at all. In fact, we had to leave as soon as we finished our lunch because Jacob wasn't a fan of the Waco Olive Garden. I will say that I had a lot of family pride witnessing my Grandmother's party. EVERY child, grandchild, great-grandchild, and even girlfriends made the trip. Mimi is very special to me because she is always there for me: when I'm in the hospital, growing-up, doing my laundry in college, etc. Happy 80th birthday, Mimi! We love you very much.
*Note: I added a LOT of pictures of Jacob swinging because it's just so darn hard to get pictures of him smiling.


Luke on the swing

The first of many "Smiling Jacob" swing pictures...







































I particularly like this picture because Luke looks like a Cone-Head




Luke is actually upset in this picture...




Jacob, playing with his etch-a-sketch and fresh-off a mall chocolate chip cookie



Lukie with his etch-a-sketch



Daddy being attacked by the twins



Seriously, I'm not just saying this because she's my grandmother, but Mimi (left, with her sister, Sonja) doesn't look anything near 80 years old



Jacob wasn't a fan of the interior of the Olive Garden in Waco; however, he was a fan of the exterior (and the rocks and mud)













Luke took a quick break from analyzing the coloring book
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers