Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finally...a Vacation!!!!

Suzanne and I had a chance to take a much-needed vacation this past week to the Bahamas. We chose to take a cruise through Royal Caribbean and the verdict is...I don't think we'll be doing a whole lot of cruising from now on. Luckily, though, we still had a lot of fun. We made our way from Miami to the Bahamas to the Florida Keys, then back to Miami.

During the week, the grandparents (specifically the Grandmothers) took-care of the twins. Jacob went to the Tate's and Luke went to the Patterson's. From what we heard, the boys had wonderful weeks. My personal theory is that they're not too fond of each other...yet. An interesting tidbit: Luke went to his first funeral. My dear Great Aunt Dell passed-away right before our trip, so I could not make it to the funeral. From what I hear, it was a wonderful service and Luke didn't bother too many folks from his view in the cry room. Our prayers have been with my Great Uncle Seth and their family this week.

The week ahead will be busy (as usual). On a sad note, one of my friends from high school, Adam Lokey, passed-away at the age of 32 from cystic fibrosis. Please keep his wife, Jen, in your prayers in the upcoming weeks. While 32 is very young, the fact that he lived this long is a blessing and a testament to God's ability to treat through modern medicine. I have two fond memories of Adam:

1. We had the same birthday (as did his best friend, Anthony).
2. He was one of the few people in high school who understood what I went-through with my pancreatitis. With cystic fibrosis, he was required to take the same pancreatic enzymes with his meals that I did. I believe we actually exchanged pills during lunch a few times when one of us was out.

Have a wonderful week!

Luke in his birthday pajamas

Jacob in his birthday pajamas

Jack in the restaurant on the cruise ship

Suzanne showing just how small our "state room" was: 111 square feet

The aquarium at the Atlantis in Nassau, The Bahamas

I thought this was a funny picture of a European dude in a SKIMPY Speedo

I am King!! Now, bow before Zod!!

Would you like me to play the drums, mon??

Suzanne and I at dinner on "formal night"

Me and a guy who looks EXACTLY like the Chinese mafia leader in "The Hangover"

Sunset in the Caribbean

The southern-most point in the continental USA - Florida Keys

Confusing picture...

In my typical style, I spotted Nene' at the airport, the starting center for the Denver Nuggets

Handsome Jacob relaxing on Mommy's lap

Jacob in a good mood!

Jacob thinks that no one can see him as long as he closes his eyes

Luke in his new Sunday school outfit that Bunny gave him

Jacob chillin'-out after a swim at the recreation center pool

Here's a cute picture of Jacob's curly hair

Luke can make the monkey sound "Who-Who" (no, PB, it's not the same as an owl), so I bought him a stuffed monkey

Luke relaxing on the couch with his new monkey (who he calls "Baby")

Mr. Blue Eyes


Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers