Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Rangers Game!

I was inspired by our trip to see Mimi (more on that later) to be better about updating our blog. So, I'm taking us back about a month and doing a whole buncha posts on what we've been up to. Starting with...our first Rangers Game with the boys!

Jack and I were definitely hesitant about this trip. We had great seats (8 rows behind home plate) but the game didn't start until 7:05pm which is just under an hour before the boys' usual bedtime. SO, we finally decided after the boys woke up from a pretty decent nap that we would give it a shot. Now, a little bit of back story, we (me) are SERIOUS about the boys sleep schedules. We have been since they were about 6 months old and that's why I think they're decent sleepers today. Before this outing we rarely (never) keep them up past their bedtime. We are like clock-work around here. So, this was a pretty big deal for me to go-with-the-flow and be out so late with them. But, I think we will both say that this event was a success! We were betting that we wouldn't make it two innings be we made it FOUR! The boys looked like they were in comas on the way home but everyone got right into their jammies and into bed and we didn't hear from them the next morning until about 8:30am! Sleeping-in DOES NOT happen around here so I was totally pumped (and a teensy bit worried about whether or not they were still alive...)!

Luke was super-excited about the game!


And everyone was excited about ice cream in the baseball helmets...


Mommy looks a little tired.

Luke, obviously ready to go nite-nite.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers