I flew solo with the boys back to Dallas for my sister's Bachelorette Dinner Labor Day Weekend. Yes, I said solo. I now know I can do anything. I had so much anxiety about what all could happen flying with them by myself, but they really did great.
"Are we leaving yet mommy?"
"When are we leaving?"
"Why are we stopped at the red light?"
"Are we in the air yet?"
"Why aren't we in the air yet?"
You get the picture. I definitely needed a nap by the time we got to Dallas.
GeeGee was waiting at the airport for us when we arrived and she had special surprises for the boys. Jacob got a Mickey Mouse and Luke got a great big pillow pet. Jacob is completely obsessed with his Mickey...
Here's what Luke thought about trying on boots...
We had a great time in Texas and a (thankfully) uneventful flight back to Denver.
This week the boys and I had our first MOPS meeting and when we came home, this was waiting on our front porch...

We have been talking A LOT about Halloween around here lately, and especially about what everyone is going to be for Halloween this year. Luke goes back & forth between a spider and Spider-Man. So, I asked him if putting on his Spider-Man costume would help him decide. Before I knew it, everyone had on a costume!
The Woody costume was supposed to be Jacob's costume for Halloween last year, but he never made it into the costume. He just ended up wearing his underwear and a Christmas t-shirt. Not sure that would work this year with the cooler temps.
Once they had the costumes on, that's pretty much all we've worn the rest of the week. They had some serious business to tend to in their costumes...
Luke was convinced he would be able to climb trees better in his Spider-Man costume. Of course.

And if Luke's doing it, then Jacob has to too...

The boys took their costumes off for a little while to go play at McDonald's and look who we ran into!!

Luke was a little unsure about Mr. McDonald's, but eventually came around long enough to get a picture and an autograph.


Luke was SO excited about riding the ponies but very disappointed that he did not remember to bring them carrots. Too cute.
And if Luke's doing it, then Jacob has to too...
The boys took their costumes off for a little while to go play at McDonald's and look who we ran into!!
Luke was a little unsure about Mr. McDonald's, but eventually came around long enough to get a picture and an autograph.
Luke was SO excited about riding the ponies but very disappointed that he did not remember to bring them carrots. Too cute.
I was a little surprised that Jacob wanted to ride, but he loved it too! He talked to the pony the whole time. I'm sure Mickey was sad he missed the ride.
We're back at home now and all ready for a big Sunday nap!

No comments:
Post a Comment