Monday, September 26, 2011

We are loving the Denver Zoo! The boys and I went again last week (or maybe it was the week before, oops!) to see the things we missed last time.

We made it to the giraffes...


And then got totally side-tracked at this interactive river display....



So, that's really about all we saw on this trip. We will just have to go again. I think we're planning on going to Boo at the Zoo After Dark (which reminds me I need to buy tickets), so maybe we will see more then.


And then we came home and got in the dryer...




This was really a totally different day, but Jacob (and Mickey, of course) suddenly decided they needed to get in the dryer. It was hilarious. I think maybe Mickey had just had a "bath" and Jacob wanted to see what it was like in the dryer. He also wanted me to shut the door, but I just couldn't do that.


Jack has been traveling a lot this month, so my mom came up last week to play. We did all sorts of fun things! We let the boys skip out on school a little early and went the Chuck-E-Cheese...


Sorry about Luke's demon eyes!



We went to the mall the get the boys' super-cute blazers for Aunt Erica's wedding. They wouldn't keep the blazers on long enough for me to get pictures, but I did snap a few while we were playing...


Shockingly, Mickey came with us on this trip too. :)


My mom left on Friday morning and then Jack's good friend, Bertchie, came to visit for the weekend. They had lots of manly things on their agenda, so the boys and I got up Saturday morning and went to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

I'll be real honest, this place was a big let-down. We really liked the Nature & Science Museum in Dallas and were hopeful that this one would be even better. It wasn't. They are in the middle of some renovations, so we will give it another shot when that's finished. Fingers crossed.


The boys did love the wind exhibit in the Kids Discovery Zone...

Another thing we have been doing a lot of is exploring all the parks in the area. There are TONS of great parks around Denver and the suburbs.



One of our favorites is just a few minutes north in Greenwood Village. It's Westlands Park, and it's fabulous!

















I have a whole list of parks to check-out, so I'm sure we'll find even more great places to play. And we better hurry up or it's going to be snowing soon!


Now, I'm off to make lunches for school!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers