Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Monday

Sorry for my delay in posting updates for the past few days. Jack had a very bad day on Sunday so really I was waiting until I had something more positive to report. On Sunday they removed his epidural which we knew could be a bit of a setback but I wasn't quite ready for how painful it would be for him without it. There really are no words to explain how terrible it is to see someone you love in excruciating pain and not be able to do anything about it. To make it all worse right about the same time, I had to leave for the airport. Terrible, terrible timing on my part. Luckily I knew Jack's dad would be there and his mom ended up staying an extra day as well - they are the greatest. Thankfully he started to turn the corner yesterday and was like a completely new person by the end of the day on Monday. He has a great Pain Management team that continuously checked on his progress and were able to get the pain to a much more tolerable place. He was feeling so good that by the time Dr. Ahmed came by he said Jack may be able to leave the hospital by Wednesday!! This is great news!! He has a lot of diabetes education to do between now and then but he assured me he is already an expert. I just talked to him and he gave himself his first insulin shot! If he does leave the hospital on Wednesday he will still need to see Dr. Ahmed on Monday before he can be released to fly home. Still, this would be almost a week earlier than we had originally planned so this is great news!! The babies and I are all breathing a huge sigh of relief today...

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

We have been thinking about you, Jack, and your sweet babies so much! I am so glad that today was a better day-

MereMoore said...

ARE YOU HOME YET????

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers