Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bedtime: 8:22 PM

Yes, this is what time we go to bed on most nights. Is that the most depressing thing you've ever heard or what? I do see later nights in our near future but our friend, Jacob, has been requiring multiple middle-of-the-night visits from us lately so the early bedtime has been about survival. I think Jacob's sleeping issues are being caused by his horribly stuffy nose. He CAN NOT STAND the saline spray or bulb syringe which are virtually a must for a stuffy nose and the humidifier doesn't seem to help at all. I finally broke down and ordered an electric nasal aspirator - I'm hoping it performs miracles.

Because of Jacob's terrible sleeping, the boys are sleeping in separate rooms for their naps and at night. So, now we have a space heater and noise machine in each room and who knew how much electricity all those things used? Not us! Of course, we figured it out on Tuesday night when the electricity went out on that side of the house - oops! Luckily we just had to turn off and unplug a few things (including the computer) and everything was up and working again.

We had our 6-month visit with Dr. Neely last week which is always an adventure (and in case you're wondering, no, I never take both the boys to the doctor by myself - usually my mom or Jack go with me - thank goodness!). I am so excited that the boys are done with shots for a while, well, except for Synagis. Just two more Synagis shots and we're done for good! Yippee!! Luckily every one's iron is finally up so no more nasty iron supplements! I know I didn't have to take them but the boys just looked like they thought it was nasty. We also started solids a few weeks ago - yikes! So far, so good. Everyone likes rice cereal (of course), oatmeal, carrots and our new favorite from this morning, BANANAS!! I think the bananas are by far their favorite but peas are next so you never know!

Not surprisingly, Luke is still our chunky monkey at a hefty 19lbs. He is the fattest, happiest baby on the planet. He thinks just about everything is hilarious. Jacob spits up? Hysterical! Jack telling me about his day? The funniest thing he's ever heard! He is also completely nuts-o about the Jumperoo Jack's parents got them for Christmas. Although he's so heavy it almost touches the ground when he's in it, it's still good for many minutes of entertainment. He just can't gain any weight. And he FINALLY rolled over from his back to his tummy! Jacob did this for the first time over a month ago but Luke didn't seem to be interested one bit until this week. Yea, Luke!
Luke looking like a green pea.


Now, Jacob, he is our svelte little man weighing in at 16lbs, 11oz. He is definitely more active than Luke - he's so excited when he gets up in the morning that he looks a little bit like Lord of the Dance. And he is a serious talker. You almost have to look away when you're feeding him (unless he's really hungry) because he wants to stop and talk to you - or just smile. Jacob will be the flirt for sure. He is not too sure what he thinks about the Jumperoo right now but it takes him a little longer to decide if he likes something so we'll give it a few weeks. His reflux is much, much better so we are thrilled for him about that. He is still taking the Prevacid but he is done with the raw-potato-smelling and ridiculously expensive Nutramigen. We are definitely excited about that!

Jacob modeling his pants on his head.

I was looking back at the beginning of our blog and can not believe it's almost been a year since we started this thing - what a busy year. This time last year Jack and I had just found out we were having twins and were getting ready to go to Cincinnati to meet with the surgeons who would eventually remove the rest of his pancreas. I do not want to re-live that experience again and I know FOR SURE that Jack doesn't want to either. Although, it does remind me that I haven't talked much about Jack's progress since his surgery. That will have to be a topic for the next blog and maybe I will even get Jack to be a guest blogger!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers