Monday, January 14, 2008

Friends, Space and the Twilight Turtle

We had a great weekend catching up with friends that we haven't seen in forever. On Saturday night our friends Rob & Rachel and their son Nash came by to say hello. They recently moved to Austin after spending several years in New York - we're so glad they're closer to home! Unfortunately, the boys were already down for the night so they didn't get to play with their friend Nash but I'm sure they will have another chance soon. Rob & Nash having a relaxing beverage...On Sunday, our friends the Moore's and the Holm's came by to watch the Cowboy game. The boys had a great time smiling and drooling at the Holm's adorable little girl, Abby. I'm so mad that I didn't take any pictures! The boys were so into the game they had a hard time settling down for naps so around 5:00 Jacob completely passed out for the night. Luckily he only woke up once during the night and still slept until about 6:45 this morning!

We went on a little family outing on Saturday morning to our favorite winter walking location - NorthPark. Don't worry, we had our big, red PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING MINE signs on the boys carseats so, although we are a bit of a tourist attraction, the overly-friendly strangers stayed away. We made a quick stop in babystyle to pick up a Twilight Turtle which is now my new favorite thing. If you haven't seen one before you should definitely check out their website. I'm not sure what the boys think of it but Jack and I think it's awesome (Jack likes it b/c he is a big space nerd - see below)

Jack with the boys in his space pants

As I was saying, Jack is a big space nerd. I am pretty sure he has seen Mars Rising at least five times. He has it set to record every time it comes on - and it's not a series - it's the same show every time. I am pretty sure he watches the Science Channel as much as, if not more than, ESPN. He also wants the boys to be astronauts and our first family trip to be to Kennedy Space Center. I'm ok with that as long as it also includes a few days of relaxation at the beach.

As some of you know, I am a wanna-be photographer. My only problem is that I don't want to learn about how to take great pictures, I just want to miraculously have the knowledge in my head. So, every once in a while I do some little photo shoots. Here is my latest work with the boys...



I obviously have a long way to go.

I am also a wanna-be bargain shopper. I am suddenly obsessed with finding good deals on all sorts of baby stuff - mainly diapers, wipes and formula. For those of you moms out there that also have this obsession, you should check out Babycheapskate. She's a fellow blogger who puts together a weekly list of the best diaper and formula deals. These deals are mainly at national chains but you can also leave comments about local deals too. She posts all sorts of other stuff as well - but the diaper stuff is probably what we all spend the most money on (or at least I do)! Now, if I could just get excited about bargain shopping for other things too...

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers