Friday, January 4, 2008

SIX MONTHS OLD!

Yippee! We're six months old...we promise we're excited.





















I mean, I know I'm biased, but aren't these the cutest kids ever? That's Jacob in the hat looking like, "Who me, cute?" and Luke eating his fingers because obviously we don't feed him enough! Do you see the hair on Luke's head?? Jacob has a little bit too - I was starting to think these guys were permanently bald. We have to say a special thank you to the boy's friend, Kate Highley, for the adorable hat Jacob is wearing - bring on the snow!

We had a wonderful Christmas with both our families and had a great New Year's Eve dinner with our friends, the Eckenrode's. We were in bed by about 10:00 but that's better than last year - we were in bed watching Man vs. Wild at 9:00 PM (But seriously, who doesn't think Bear Grylls is prettty stinkin cool?)!


The boys started rice cereal last week which has been so much fun. It's great to see them experiencing new things and to watch the expressions on their faces - it's priceless. Unfortunately for Luke, the cereal has made him a little constipated. Poor guy. We've been giving him apple juice a couple of times a day so hopefully we can get things "moving". Jacob never seems to have this problem - he has the exact opposite problem. We get it all around here, kids.

Recently we've been having some sleeping issues with the boys which is starting to drive me a little batty. I've never had a single baby but it's times like these that I definitely have a case of "singleton envy". Fairly regularly Luke thinks that he needs to wake up around midnight and have a snack. Now, for those of you that have seen him, that little ball-o-love doesn't need any more calories than he's getting already and definitely doesn't need a midnight snack. So, I pulled out my Baby 411 to get some advice and got a quick synopsis of the Ferber Method. I've been diligently reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child since the boys came home and I highly recommend it, but it hasn't exactly helped me with this issue. So, we have been trying to "Ferberize" Luke with his midnight snack - wait 5 minutes, check, wait 10 minutes, check, wait 15 minutes, check... This probably does work wonders, but who is willing to sit staring at their clock in the middle of the night while their child is acting possessed in the other room? And that's not even our problem with it - our problem is that he wakes up Jacob in the process and then, just as Luke starts to drift back to sleep, Jacob starts practicing his opera songs in the next bed. It's maddening. So, much to our dismay, we will have to split up the boys into separate rooms for a while...it makes me sad. But, I think it's the best thing for them right now and hopefully Luke will drop his habit and we will all have blissful nights again soon.


We have Synagis shots this week and then our 6-month Pedi appointment next week - I can't wait to find out how much these little butterballs have grown!

2 comments:

jencooper said...

Hey Suzanne - It was great to see you on Wednesday at Synagis shots. Kristi gave me the link to you site. The boys are such cuties! Our website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/gracecooper We also have some pics up at www.cooperempire.blogspot.com

Jennifer (Eubanks) Cooper

Anonymous said...

I am Pam's rommate from Pharmacy School trying to get in touch with her. I got the Tom Thumb email saying she was on medical leave. She had given me this site to see her grandbabies but I lost her phone number. Can you help me get in touch with her?
Debbie Gurley 817-337-1956

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers