We had our 8-month follow-up with the Developmental Specialist last week which is always interesting. I know to expect the boys to be 2 months behind their actual age, but I have to try really hard to not get my expectations up for more. They are doing so fantastically well and we are truly blessed but my perfectionist side creeps up every once in a while. The doctor was very impressed with their skills and thinks Jacob is definitely working on crawling - oh no! Luke, unfortunately, is still a little overweight - poor thing. I feel so validated these days when I see a baby that's fatter than him. We're not the only one's with a super-chunk. I'm almost embarrassed to say that he weighs 22lbs, 7oz. The doctor did ask me how tall Jack and I were and said that Luke may be following in his father's footsteps (not surprising since he looks just like him too). Jacob is still our lean little man at 18lbs, 12oz which is obviously not small - he just looks that way compared to Luke.
This weekend we are going to try putting Jacob back into the nursery to sleep at night. We just feel like the pack-n-play CAN'T be very comfortable and they sleep a pretty solid 11 hours at night so hopefully there won't be any problems. This reminds me that we ran into a woman today at the mall who has 3 1/2 month-old twins. When she said this I immediately looked at her and said, "You look amazing." and, "You will get more sleep in about three months." I remember being in her shoes like it was yesterday - I can't believe how fast time flies.
So, not too many pictures this week. I was seriously pictured-out after Easter weekend. Here are a couple of pictures of the boys in their Easter outfits...

2 comments:
I really love the shades- too awesome. 22 lbs is fantastic- linebacker material.
They are precious. Su, I'm sad I didn't get to catch up w/ you at the shower this weekend:( Looks like y'all are doing really well. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment