Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tooth Count: 4

Well, I made it back from Boston drama-free and did not have a complete breakdown without the boys. It was nice to hang out with the girls and enjoy a cool city like Boston. Congrats to Al on running the Boston Marathon!

Al, Nicole, Me & KellyAl picking up her race number at the Expo...Dinner the night before the race...


The boys had a great time while I was gone and spent most of the weekend with Jack and his parents. Thanks to Bunny and Grandaddy for helping us out while I was away!

The boys had their 9-month well-check with the Pedi last week so here are the stats...

Jacob
Wt: 19lbs, 15oz (40%)
Ht: 28 1/2 in. (55%)

Luke
Wt: 23lbs, 5oz (80%)
Ht: 27 3/4 in. (25%)

That's right, Jacob is almost an inch longer than Luke! What??? I kept waiting for Luke to start getting longer to spread out the chubbiness but Mr. Svelte is the one getting longer! Dr. Neely is not the least bit worried about Luke's weight so I've made myself stop obsessing about it as well...kind of. Other than that, everyone is happy, healthy and on the verge of crawling. The boys are both doing some rocking on all fours so we are getting prepared for our soon-to-be mobile babies. Jacob's two bottom teeth finally came in - while we were at the Pedi's office - and the top two should be coming in very soon as well. Can I just tell you how sharp those little teeth are? Jack and I have both been bitten on a few occasions and those things can break the skin! We are getting closer and closer to getting rid of our bottles which, although it will be nice, it's much easier to pour a bottle than get their food ready so it's bitter-sweet. Luckily they are both getting more excited about eating and pretty much like everything they've had so far, well, except Luke hates avocados. He immediately started throwing up after his first bite. Honestly, I hate avocados too so I understand. I think their favorite things are yogurt and squash...very odd. I do wonder if they like squash so much because I ate a TON of it when I was pregnant. It's seriously one of my top 5 favorite foods. The boys are also really working on their words. We have a lot of screaming DA DA DA DA DA, BA BA BA, DA BA DABA and a few MA MA MA's as well. I'm sure they will be speaking in full sentences by next week. Oh, last but not least, Luke has figured out how to take off his crib sheet cover (we have those Ultimate Crib sheets over their actual crib sheets) which is concerning. I'm not sure if it was an accident or if he really figured out that he can take it off...we will see.


Jacob showing off his teeth...

I tried to get a shot of Luke's teeth but he was more interested in chewing on the camera

2 comments:

TeamRiss said...

I love the close up on the boys! Looks like you guys had a great time in Boston- isn't it exciting to be away for a bit? I bet you felt like you were always 'forgetting' something...

Amy McCown said...

How nice to get away for a few days. The boys are growing up and are so cute. Layton hated avacados also. He actually refused to eat solid food for two days after I tried to give them to him. I am hope that all is well in LH.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers