Monday, May 19, 2008

Tooth Count: 8

The teeth are coming in fast and furiously around here and I think it may be the death of us. Luke is running a little fever and Jacob keeps waking up in the middle of the night. I can handle the former much better than the latter...I'm sure everyone can relate. Neither of the boys really want us looking in their mouths but we can feel those sharp little fangs up there every time they try to bite one of us. Yes, they are biters. I like to think of them as "love bites" (is everyone singing the song in their head now - I am). Anyway, between the teeth and being THIS CLOSE to crawling things are a little hectic. Wait, things are always a little hectic around here. We did set up a brand new play area for the boys this weekend. So fun! We had to sacrifice our breakfast table but I can count on zero fingers the number of times we've ever eaten breakfast there so it's not a big loss. We are glad to have most of the baby things corralled in one area now though. We will be putting up the baby gates around their new little play area because someone named Luke thinks it's really fun to lick the tile floor. At least he's not eating bugs...yet.

Jacob looks a little unsure about his new play area
After what seems like YEARS my parents are finally returning from their vacation tonight. As my sister said this weekend, I feel like an orphan. I'm sure we will be seeing G bright and early in the morning and I couldn't be more excited! The boys have been telling me they're excited too. Oh, and a quick update on my finger (I know it's what you've been waiting on) - I went to the Hand Specialist last week and now have a fancy new splint which is much less cumbersome than the Dr. Evil splint I had before. They took more x-rays and basically my finger was still dislocated and starting to heal that way so we're working to get it back into place. He's not real hopeful that I will ever have full range of motion in the finger again but I've learned that I can do pretty well without it so that's ok with me. At least it's not an important finger like my thumb.
You can kinda see the new splint but who cares? Look how cute Jacob is!Luke is ready for football seasonGetting ready for a bath!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers