Sunday, July 20, 2008

Playroom??

Yup, so the new playroom has backfired on us. The kiddos LOVE being in there with ALL their toys as long as mommy and/or daddy are in there with them...and we thought we would be able to get so much done. Of course not! So, we're dealing with some separation anxiety these days - obviously. They haven't dealt with it that much up to this point so really we should be grateful. We had a sneaking suspicion there was an issue when we kept getting called out of church to come get them from the nursery. So, the boys will be packing up their lunches and going to Sunshine School (Mother's Day Out at our church) in September to hopefully gain some much-needed independence. Until then, we will keep working on independent play time with them. It's just so heart-breaking to see their sad faces crying at the baby gate - I just can't take it.


The new playroom...aka the dining roomJacob chasing Luke into the tent...And a blurry shot of them inside the tent...
The boys have started sitting back-to-back sometimes when they're playing. It's pretty darn cute and I have no idea why they do it - maybe so no one can sneak up on them??

We are still having fun with solid foods but I am running out of good ideas for things to feed them. Anybody have good kid recipes out there? We're trying to just feed them what we eat for dinner but, quite honestly, the days that I'm able to get dinner cooked before 5:30 are few and far between. So, I'm always on the lookout for quick and healthy snacks and meals for the kiddos. I did find some good recipes on the Whole Foods website so we will try out some of those this week.
This weekend we bought yet another STROLLER!! Now that we've had pretty much every type of stroller out there for twins, here are the three I think you really need: 1) snap-n-go - it's just so much easier to snap them in and out when they're still in their infant seats and the stroller is super lightweight; 2)jogging stroller - we love, love, love our BOB but I know there are other great ones out there too. We rarely take this one anywhere unless we're going to be doing some kind of athletic activity or serious walking; 3)a lightweight umbrella stroller with trays - this is a must for trips to the grocery store, Target, mall, etc. There are not many to choose from in this category but we ended up with the Peg Perego and so far, so good. So, that's my two-cents on strollers for twins!

1 comment:

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

where did you get this awesome tent!
i would love to get my son one for christmas!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers