Friday, July 11, 2008

We're done with formula...yippee!!

We made the leap from formula to milk fairly painlessly this week so now we're on the slow road to getting rid of bottles. I called the nurse at our Pedi's office last week to talk with her about the whole formula/milk/bottle situation (since our 12-month well-check isn't until the end of AUGUST!!) and she pretty much said the guys were eating too much (I'm shocked and appalled...my children are so skinny). So, we went from 4 bottles/day to 3 and are trying to make sure the bottles come AFTER meals. This works at lunch and at night but they are not interested in whole wheat bagels and fruit first thing in the morning - they want the bottle! As far as food goes, we have pretty much gotten rid of all baby food - except when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to steam veggies or cut up fruit. Luke is a-ok with any bread items - bagels, English muffins, cereal bars, etc. but he is not quite as excited about the fruits and veggies. Jacob is all about dairy foods - mainly yogurt and cheese. They are both pretty excited about all types of chicken nuggets.

We are transforming the dining/living room into the boys' playroom this weekend because these guys are on the move! Luke has been crawling for a while and is quite the speedster. Before we know it he is across the room and into the cabinets (don't worry, we have the cabinet locks on). Luke loves playing catch and throwing the ball back to you - I thank Little Gym for his development of this skill. And, I know I'm not biased, but he's actually pretty good at throwing the ball for being one! Jacob has really not been as interested in being mobile until the last week or so. He has really taken an interest in chasing things around - including his brother. They are really starting to interact with one another (other than just biting) which is so fun to watch. Jacob will just sit and laugh at Luke and then try to get him by bumping him in the head. They both like crawling under things so we bought them a little tent/tunnel they can climb through. I'm not sure they totally get it yet but they are definitely interested.

What else? Oh, they are both talking some - lots of mama's and dada's but I don't think they know what that means yet (although I swear Luke points at me and says mama). Jacob is a big fan of saying uh-oh which is hilarious and they are both saying some bye-bye's but, again, I don't think they know what they're saying.

That's about it for an update on what the boys are doing these days. I will have more after their visit with the Pedi next month! Here are some pics from the last few weeks...
The boys in their new pool

Two good-lookin guys...I love this pic - it's such an accurate glimpse of some of the crazy things the boys and I do while we're alone during the week.Arggghhhh...I love bath time!Hi...I'm cute

1 comment:

TeamRiss said...

Bath time is the best! That is a great pic of you with the boys in the nursery. Hope to see y'all again soon.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers