This is Jack again. Having the entire week off of work has rejuvinated my blogging practices. After the boy's party last week, Suzanne and I turned our attention to celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. We dropped-off Jacob and Luke at Pam and Johnny's house on Sunday for a couple of days, then we headed to Rough Creek Lodge in Glen Rose, TX (the site of our wedding).
It was almost surreal to be at Rough Creek and realize we hadn't been back since we got married 6 years ago. A lot of the ceremony and reception came-back to us like it was yesterday. The week before I emailed the wedding coordinator (Frank Alvarez) we worked with to say hello and that we'd like to visit with him when we got there. He replied that he couldn't make it; however, he upgraded us to one of their new suites for FREE! This trip had already exceeded our expectations. When we showed-up at the reception desk, we got news that Suzanne's parents had paid for our room for the night. Considering Rough Creek's prices, this was a WONDERFUL gift. Once we got to the room, Erica sent us champaign, cokes, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
Immediately upon checking-in, we changed into our swimsuits and went to the "adults only" pool for some much-needed R&R. Due to the fact that I'm the whitest man on the planet, I had to cut my time at the pool short because I was frying like an egg. So, while Suzanne stayed at the pool, I went back to our room for a 2-hour nap before our elegant dinner. What a lot of people don't realize is that Rough Creek has some of the best dining in the state of Texas. Their 5-star chef served us steak and tenderloin, complete with appetizers, vegetables, and desserts.
That night, Suzanne and I took a brief tour of the grounds to re-visit some great memories. After a 12-hour sleep, we awoke the next morning to the best eggs, bacon, and waffles you've ever had. Before we headed-home, Suzanne and I decided to give the zip-line a try. We were both nervous because it was really high up; however, we decided to give it a try anyhow.
We then headed-home to rest and have another great meal. Thanks to my parents, we enjoyed a wonderful night at Houston's, complete with our favorite meal: chicken fingers and a house salad.
I've attached pictures of the weekend, plus a couple of the boys (since they're the real attraction, anyways). Have a great week!
It was almost surreal to be at Rough Creek and realize we hadn't been back since we got married 6 years ago. A lot of the ceremony and reception came-back to us like it was yesterday. The week before I emailed the wedding coordinator (Frank Alvarez) we worked with to say hello and that we'd like to visit with him when we got there. He replied that he couldn't make it; however, he upgraded us to one of their new suites for FREE! This trip had already exceeded our expectations. When we showed-up at the reception desk, we got news that Suzanne's parents had paid for our room for the night. Considering Rough Creek's prices, this was a WONDERFUL gift. Once we got to the room, Erica sent us champaign, cokes, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
Immediately upon checking-in, we changed into our swimsuits and went to the "adults only" pool for some much-needed R&R. Due to the fact that I'm the whitest man on the planet, I had to cut my time at the pool short because I was frying like an egg. So, while Suzanne stayed at the pool, I went back to our room for a 2-hour nap before our elegant dinner. What a lot of people don't realize is that Rough Creek has some of the best dining in the state of Texas. Their 5-star chef served us steak and tenderloin, complete with appetizers, vegetables, and desserts.
That night, Suzanne and I took a brief tour of the grounds to re-visit some great memories. After a 12-hour sleep, we awoke the next morning to the best eggs, bacon, and waffles you've ever had. Before we headed-home, Suzanne and I decided to give the zip-line a try. We were both nervous because it was really high up; however, we decided to give it a try anyhow.
We then headed-home to rest and have another great meal. Thanks to my parents, we enjoyed a wonderful night at Houston's, complete with our favorite meal: chicken fingers and a house salad.
I've attached pictures of the weekend, plus a couple of the boys (since they're the real attraction, anyways). Have a great week!
The welcome sign to Rough Creek Lodge
The main entrance
Rough Creek Lodge
The lake at Rough Creek Lodge
The fishing pier
Jacob with his drum sticks
Lukie reading his Love Bug book


3 comments:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm. tenderloin.
I can't believe it's been 6 years. I remember attending your beautiful wedding. I like the then and now pics- way to go, Jack!
Awww... I remember your wedding so clearly! Happy belated 6th Anniversary!!! :)
Post a Comment