Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lots of updates!

I've been a little anti-blog lately but luckily Jack is a fabulous blogger and has been keeping everything up-to-date. It's been a busy few weeks so I'm glad to finally have a chance to sit down and think about all the cool and really adorable things the boys are doing at 13 months - yes, 13 months!

First, we had our 1 year follow-up with the Developmental Specialist a few weeks ago. This is always a hectic day so I try to just go with the flow (right, me go with the flow?). The doctor was very impressed with both the boys' progress and doesn't need to see them again for 6 months (instead of the normal 4 months). They are a little behind on their language skills but she said that is perfectly normal at this stage. Even if they had been full term some babies lag behind in their language skills while they're working on walking - it takes all their concentration. Jacob was a little more advanced with his language skills because he says "uh oh" but I've noticed in the last few days that Luke is working on that one too. Since we STILL have not been for our 12-month well-check with the pedi (we're FINALLY going next week), we were excited to find out how much the boys weighed. Here are the stats at 12 months...

Luke
Weight: 26lbs, 2oz (90%)
Height: 29.6" (50%)

Jacob
Weight: 22lbs, 15oz (50%)
Height: 29.6" (50%)

And, yet again, we were warned that Luke is overweight on the height-weight ratio. Really? Still? Because I was really starting to think he was thinning out. Oh well. I was a fat baby too. I am a little surprised that they haven't started to get any taller but I'm sure that is to come. Of course, I am convinced that one of them will be tall like the Patterson's (everyone in their immediate family is over 6') and the other will be on the shorter side like the Tate's.

The boys have both started to be a lot more interested in each other. Jacob, however, is not so crazy about Luke being interested in him...

They love crawling into the hallway between the bedrooms and chasing each other. I have no idea why this is hilarious but they both get a pretty big kick out of it. Things get really crazy when I switch the lights on and off - oh, the excitement! And they are SUPER excited about the bathroom these days too.

We spend quite a lot of time during the day standing in the window in the nursery and checking out what's happening in the 'hood. I thought this was fun too until I noticed the other day that Jacob was gnawing on the window sill straight down to the wood. Our house was built in 1956 so when I realized his mouth was filled with old paint flakes my lead paint alarms went off. Great, I have now given my child lead poisoning! I made a quick call to Dr. Lauren and was relieved that Jacob was going to be ok - just don't let him gnaw on the window sill...ah ha! I knew there would be an easy answer :-)

One of the funniest things the boys have started doing lately is their insane love for their "lovies". I will try to get this on video but I did manage to get a few pics of them "taking a drag" off their lovies. Luke is really the worst about it - he's a little bit like an addict - he just has to have a little bit of lovie. We are not to the point yet that we have to take the lovies everywhere but they do like to know there is one around in case they need a "fix".

Both of the boys have really started working on their dancing skills. This is another thing I'm trying to get on video but every time I take the camera out they make a mad-dash for the camera so I miss it. Luke has some especially good dance skills, and, for those of you who know our friend Chris, I've seen Luke do a move that is suspiciously close to the C-Bray (sorry MaryBeth)!

Now that this thing has turned into a novel, I think that's all the updates for now! Whew!

1 comment:

TeamRiss said...

Love the toilet paper unrolling picture. I never remember to replace it and am always embarrassed when people come over and are all, 'um, you're out of toilet paper, em.' lovely. your boys are getting so big! hope to see y'all soon.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers