I just thought we were a house of sickies a few weeks ago. On Monday, Jacob so generously passed on his never-ending stomach bug to my mother and I about an hour after Jack got home from being in the hospital for about a week. No kidding. I don’t remember the last time I felt quite so terrible – oh, no, I did feel this terrible when I had OHSS after we did IVF. That was probably even worse than this and caused me to absolutely hate Gatorade but that’s another story for another day. Poor Jack was weak as a kitten after basically eating nothing for a week (and losing about 20 lbs) and then came home to me who was no help whatsoever. So, my mom was sick, Jack was getting over being sick, poor Pam still has her foot in a boot from her surgery and my sister and dad are in Atlanta. Luckily, I was able to get the wonderful woman who nannied for us to come over and help out yesterday and Pam came over and brought 7-Up, bland foods and cleaned our bathrooms so hopefully no one else will get the stomach bug. I’m taking the advice of Jon & Kate plus 8 and sticking to the BRAT diet – bananas, rice, applesauce and tea. So far, it all kind of makes me sick but at least I’m keeping everything down. One good side-effect, I’ve lost those 5 lbs I gained after I quit breastfeeding so I’m counting that as a positive in this whole mess.
So, back to Jack…without getting into too many details that would probably be TMI, Jack is feeling much better now and we are hopeful that with the help of some new specialists he will be able to keep his future hospital visits to zero (or at least very few). Because of Jack’s multiple invasive surgeries on his entire GI system, his body is a little more complicated to figure out when problems come up and, as you can imagine, doctor’s are hesitant to act quickly without knowing the full scope of his procedures. His entire “internal plumbing system” is like non-other that most doctors have ever seen.
Of course, the boys are just movin and groovin – especially Luke who is all over the place and I’m sure will be running in no time. Jacob is still not too interested in walking but, bless his heart, he’s had on-and-of diarrhea for over two weeks now so he’s not at 100%.
So, say a little prayer for us that this next week is a little more calm, normal and healthy…

4 comments:
I hope you are all on the mend now. If you have the same stomach bug we had, it takes several days to get your strength back! You're all in our prayers.
Ohhh Su. So sorry to hear about the illnesses. We are saying prayers right now for y'all. Poor Jack...
If you guys ever need a sanity break, just let us know. We've been crazy busy lately but we are just next door.
Hope everyone gets well soon.
Joe
Hey, can I come stay a few days at your house! ;)
Sorry to hear things were so awful! Good news is it can only go up from here right!?
Hope you start getting back to your normal happy selves VERY soon!
Post a Comment