They go for their VERY LAST Synagis injections tomorrow so we are thrilled that chapter of their lives will be behind us and I'm sure they will be relieved as well. We still have about another month of "house arrest" until we are out and about with the duo but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Luke went today for his last head scan before he will get his band (aka helmet) next Thursday. We picked the camo design - I'm sure that's surprising. His head has actually done a pretty good job of rounding out on its own since we first went to the helmet people (FYI...we chose Star, not Cranial Tech) back in November. So hopefully that means he won't be in his helmet long.
I know everyone has been on pins and needles wondering what's happening with our street construction...we, unfortunately, found out last week that our street will look like a war zone until AUGUST! Yes, I said, AUGUST! Seriously, how in the world does it take so long to replace some pipes and re-pave a street?
Jack mentioned a few posts ago that I had decided to leave my job at Susan G. Komen for the Cure to stay home with the boys. This was BY FAR one of the hardest decisions I've made in my 30 years. For those of you that know me, you know that I loved my job. I loved (and still love) my coworkers, the cause, the organization and the many, many volunteers that taught me so much about life. THANK YOU to all my Komen friends and family for your support and love - I miss you all immensely.
Fun pics of the boys from the last week...
This is Luke petting my sister's dog, Harry...I think he is going to be a dog lover! He definitely gets this from his father and not ME!
This is Jacob chillin like a villain on our bed watching Baby Einstein. He was in such a crabby mood all day so in a last-ditch effort to find something to appease him, I put him on our bed to get the DVD started and he just chilled like this for about 20 minutes...it was hilarious.
Luke really likes riding in the stroller so sometimes we bring it inside and ride around the house for fun (doesn't that sound like fun to you?). He totally looks like he has a uni-brow in this picture.

2 comments:
so funny! love reading it. i know i said this but i am so glad you guys are sending out the reminders for the slackers like me who forget to check it. big shocker, i know.
love those little boys. i'll have to let luke know that i LOVE unibrows!!
Hi Guys! Suzanne, I work with Jack and he sent out the link today so I was checking it out - can I say you are hilarious? I can't believe these sweeties are 8 months already. And Jack, I'm glad to see your health update too. Also glad you're doing so well. You all are a damn cute family!
Christine
Post a Comment