Friday, July 20, 2007

Back to the blogging world...

I just wanted to say a quick hello to the blogging world! I'm finally feeling up to blogging again so you will definitely be hearing more from "mommy" (but you'll still hear from daddy as well).

Just a couple of quick updates on the boys...they both had their first bottle feeding yesterday! This is a huge accomplishment! I had no idea how much coordination and energy it takes to suck, swallow and breathe at the same time but Luke and Jacob are obviously naturals! They both took about half their feeding from a bottle during their "test" yesterday so now they can try 1-2 feedings per day by bottle (they eat 8 times a day). This is great because now we can be much more involved with their feedings. Of course, this is also very nerve-wracking because you have to be very aware of what's happening with them to make sure they're not choking - scary! They have to complete all 8 feedings per day before they can go home so please pray that this continues to go well.

Both the boys are now over 4 pounds!! Jacob weighs 4 pounds, 4 ounces and Luke weighs 4 pounds, 1 ounce. They will be giants before we know it! Luke also lost his cord on Wednesday - I can't believe it's been long enough for their cords to be falling off! Jacob's is still hanging on but it will probably be gone in the next couple of days. Luke will probably be moved out of his isolete by this evening - another scary thing! I feel like they're so protected and safe from germs in their isoletes but I know it's a good thing to move to the open cribs so I'm trying to not be a crazy mom. Jacob probably has another couple of days maintaining his temperature before he will move out but he's not far behind.

I think those are all our big updates for today! Thank you to everyone for all your prayers, calls, meals, etc. We are so blessed to have such supportive friends and family!

1 comment:

Rachel Evans said...

I'm so glad everyone is doing so well! I can't wait to see them again and to check out their new place! Thanks for the updates. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers