Greetings from two very happy parents! Once again, I'm stepping-in for Suzanne as she continues to recover AND pumps milk for the boys to grow.
The last few days have been hectic, between caring for the boys at the hospital and learning about what it takes to be a parent to multiples. Suzanne was released from the hospital on Sunday morning. As it turns-out, the doctors think an infection caused her to go into labor and deliver on the 4th of July. Afterwards, she battled an up-and-down fever for a few days before overcoming it on Saturday afternoon.
As for me, I have learned WAY too much about life over the last few days. First of all, I had no idea that new baby poop looks like tar; not to mention, it has the same texture! I was in for a rude awakening when I changed my first "tar" diaper. In addition, Suzanne and I found-out that little boys like to pee on their parents when their diapers are being changed.
However, the most disturbing thing I've been a part of has to do with the "pumping" of Suzanne's breast milk. The first time I saw this phenomenon, I didn't fathom how Suzanne couldn't be in pain. She has to pump 8 times a day! With two hungry boys, she is going to be quite exhausted over the upcoming year.
We've enjoyed watching family and friends make eye contact with the babies for the first time. We've also enjoyed learning so much from the wonderful nurses we've worked with. Most of all, our favorite time is right after I get to the hospital from work. We both take a child, feed them, and rock them to sleep. This sounds really selfish, but nothing matters to Suzanne and I outside the happiness of our children.
Speaking of that, our boys were moved out of the NICU on Sunday afternoon and into the Special Care Nursery (SCN). There's not much difference in the two; however, the SCN is a more laid-back environment and the boys have their own room. In a couple of weeks, Presby is going to open-up a new SCN and Suzanne and I will be able to spend the night with the boys!
As far as a "go-home" date for the boys, we don't have one yet. We've told the nurses that they can keep Jacob and Luke as long as they would like to ensure their health; however, they better be sure they're ready to go home because we're not bringing them back!
Thanks for all the calls, emails, gifts, cards, prayers, etc. We are thankful for each of you!
Love,
Jack and Suzanne

3 comments:
They are SO precious and SO tiny!! I love the fact that you guys are able to stay with them so much! What a blessing! Congratulations again!
Congrtulations!! I can't wait to meet your little guys! They're such blessings. :) You guys are in my prayers!
Jack you are an excellent blogger! Keep it up and thanks for the update, DAD! It is so awesome to watch what wonderful parents you and Suzanne have become to the most gorgeous boys on the planet! And yes, I'm VERY biased! xoxo, ET
Post a Comment