Monday, July 2, 2007

31 weeks!

According to my favorite book about multiple pregnancies, When you're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads, here are the great things about getting to 31 weeks...

Average hospital stay for infants born between 31 - 34 weeks: 12 days
Average hospital stay for infants born between 28 - 30 weeks: 39 days

If I can get to 35 weeks the average hospital stay goes down to 4 days! Isn't that amazing? I feel a huge sense of relief at just getting to 31 weeks!! I won't even tell you what the average cost is for an infant hospital stay...thank goodness for insurance!

I will have to be honest and say that as excited as I am to have made it to 31 weeks I am REALLY tired of being in the hospital. It's getting a lot harder to get around because I am getting so big - I have now gained 43 pounds!! Only about 6.5 pounds of that is baby and I'm not sure how much of that is placenta...not much.

Here are some pics from today...

I was going to crop out my lovely blue socks from this picture but they were just too funny to leave out. I look like a crazy lady in my weird, blue socks but my feet get too dry to go without them!
I think this picture gives a much better idea of what I really look like. Isn't it amazing how much the uterus can expand? I am also the veiniest (is that a word?) person on the planet - you can't really see in this shot but I have big, blue veins all over my belly.

Oh! Our cribs finally arrived a few weeks ago! Obviously I haven't been there to see them but Jack took a couple of pictures for me...

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I love your belly shots! I wish I had taken more pictures of me pregnant, but at the time I felt too fat! You look so cute! I'm so happy that you made it to 31wks! hang in there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers