**Pictures are of Luke/Jack and Jacob. We'll have some pictures of Suzanne and the boys next time.
Hello to all of our friends! This is Jack again, filling-in for Suzanne. I entitled the blog "The Waiting Game" because that's what we're doing right now, playing the waiting game. Suzanne and I are very anxious to bring them home; however, they need to perfect their sucking, eating, and breathing functions. This could take another 4-5 weeks.
As of Sunday, 7/15, both boys are back up to their birth weights. They are both eating increasing amounts of milk and are gaining about an ounce a day.
This week, we have been able to "nuzzle" and "kangaroo care" with the boys. Nuzzling is when the babies are placed on their mother's bare chest and they become familiarized with the area they'll be spending a lot of time at once they're ready to breast-feed. Kangaroo care is when the father holds the babies against his bare chest. The attached picture is an example of Luke and myself engaging in "kangaroo care."
Suzanne is continuing to spend a lot of time at the hospital with the boys. Similar to earlier in the week, I drop her off at the hospital in the mornings and she takes-care of the boys until a little after lunchtime. Once I get home from work, we head-back up to the hospital for the boys' 6 p.m. feeding.
Our hope for this week is for both boys to hit the 4 pound mark! Thank you for your continued prayers and thoughts for Jacob and Luke!

3 comments:
Beth and I are so thankful that the boys are growing and doing well! Roger
Oh Nathan used to do "kangaroo time" with Abby in those early weeks. Except he would just put her up inside his shirt and hold her or carry her around...pretty funny! How sweet!
I'm so glad you 4 are doing well! I'm praying that the boys continue to be as healthy as they have proved to be thus far! What a blessing they are.
Post a Comment