

We're on day 2 of Jack's 8-day trip to California and so far, not so good. Jacob has a horrendous cough which kept both of us up most of the night on Sunday night. He didn't have any fever or green snot so I went ahead and took them to Sunshine School yesterday which was probably a mistake. Poor Jacob fell asleep during class time and then he coughed through nap time. Poor thing was a wreck when I got there to pick them up at 2:00. I called Dr. Neely to see if they had any bright ideas on getting rid of the cough and, not surprisingly, they wanted me to bring him in (I feel like EVERY time I call they think it's important for me to bring him in but I'm not going to argue about the health of my child). Anyway, we were right by the office so they told me to just swing by and they would get him in. Just FYI, I have luckily never had to take both the boys to the doctor by myself so this was a first and was one of the worst experiences ever. Although Jacob was the one being checked-out, Luke felt it was necessary to cry/scream sympathetically for Jacob so I had two screaming children in a room the size of my dining room table. My twin-mommy friend, Jen Ivey, has taken her boys to the doctor multiple times by herself and so I now have a whole new respect for her - she IS Superwoman. As I suspected, Jacob is just fine and there's really nothing we can do about his cough except the old standards - humidifier and saline spray. For those of you who have been lucky enough to have the experience of TRYING to use saline spray on a child, you will understand why that suggestion is almost ridiculous. I have yet to meet a parent whose child will willing let them use saline spray on them.
So, we're hoping that since this is only Tuesday and Jack doesn't come home until Sunday night that the rest of this week will be better. Honestly, I can't complain too much because I do have lots of friends and family helping me this week so THANK YOU all in advance!

6 comments:
Every time I read your blog I feel like we are living the same life! Seriously, so strange how they are doing the same things as Abby. She has a sinus infection right now so we are dealing with the coughing through the night ... which means no sleeping. Ugh!
Maybe when we get them all well we can have a play date ... we miss you guys!
You poor thing! My only attempt at taking the twins to the doctor by myself also ended in screaming babies & a near hysterical mommy. I hope the rest of the week is much better!
If you google "Jump Smart" + kids trampolines, you should be able to find them. I don't remember the exact name of the company, but it was something like 1800trampoline.com. We were missing a part for one of them and they overnighted it to us. Great customer service. Hope this helps, and your boys would love them!
I haven't tested this yet, but my mother-in-law says it works even though it sounds crazy. For coughs, put Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of their feet and then put socks on them before they go to bed. Let me know if it works! BTW - I had to take the boys to Dr. Neely's today by myself and it wasn't terrible so hopefully the next time you have to take them it will be better.
Hope the rest of your week gets better. Being a "single parent" is no fun!
Glad to hear the Vicks worked! We had to try it this week, too, and it seemed to help. I hope the rest of your week got better.
Post a Comment