Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

Suzanne and I would like to start-off by saying we are thankful for our friends and family that support us each and every day. We're especially thankful for our parents and the love they show our family on a daily basis.

Each year, we have the holidays rigged-up to where one family has Thanksgiving day and Christmas Eve (the Patterson's this year) and the other family has Thanksgiving afternoon and Christmas day (the Tate's this year). We started-off at my parents house, where we met-up with my brother, sister, nephew, and grandmother. As is customary the last few years, I provided the pumpkin pie and some green beans. We had a nice time enjoying each other's company and getting to see each other.

After lunch, we headed-over to the Tate's house. We decided a couple of years ago that two huge meals were too much for Thanksgiving, so we brought some rice krispie treats to their house. Shortly after we arrived, Darrell and I left for Vernon to go hunting for a couple of days. If you are an animal lover, you should go ahead and skip to the next paragraph...however, if you can stomach 'hunting' talk, here you go: I killed my first animals since 4th grade, when I shot a couple of rabbits with a shotgun. I shot a doe and a couple of turkeys. Suzanne and I agreed that it probably wouldn't be in the best taste to post the pictures on the blog. Anyways, we met-up with some guys from McKinney and we had a great time: watching football, hunting, eating, riding four-wheelers. Thanks to Darrell for inviting me and thanks to my cabin mates for cooking such great food.

We've included pictures from this week. Scattered among them are the first pictures of the boys eating Thanksgiving turkey and dressing (last year they only had a bottle). Have a great week!


Jacob in his Texas A&M 12th Man jersey

Luke playing with the football before lunch

My 8-year-old nephew, William, helped-out with taking-care of the twins. You can see where Luke gets his size from.



Jacob stuffing his face with turkey and dressing


Luke with a mouthful of green beans


Tony Romo (aka Uncle Jeffrey) fed the boys during lunch


Mommy and Lukie having some wind-down time before bedtime



Jacob has been walking all over the place the last week or two!

5 comments:

TeamRiss said...

It looks like y'all had a great time over Turkey day. Yeah for walking kiddos. And love those jerseys too bad your kids can't play for us- I know they'd be better than what we currently have.

Anonymous said...

Is that a phone in Jacob's hand? That would explain the strange text messages.

Mike Davidson said...

That Tony Romo pic is priceless.

Team Leslie said...

Looks like some fun turkey day memories:) Such cute boys.

Anonymous said...

How could you scar these sweet boys with those horrific jerseys!!! :) hehe
We just booked the flights to Phoenix - well Vegas for the weekend, then PHX - for the Fiesta Bowl. Given that, I have no idea where i get off sassing you!
Love
Christine

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers