Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We've got some catching-up to do!

This is Jack reporting from the Patterson household. Sorry we've been delinquent on the blog lately; however, I was in California for eight days and the holidays are extremely busy for us.

I've posted the most recent photos of the twins. The most notable item is an OBVIOUS change (for the better) in Jacob's demeanor. Suzanne and I think that he's feeling a lot better now that his molars have come-in.

The twins holding-court in our living room








Suzanne's best friend, Lauren, had a "Bring your favorite casserole" Thanksgiving party a couple of Fridays ago. The food was EXCELLENT and we had a great time getting out of the house to hang-out with adults.


The casserole-makers

Lauren's parents, Scott and Judy Gore


This food was DELICIOUS!


The party went strong, even though it was cold




Additionally, I have included pictures from my trip to CA for work. Well, the first 6 days of the trip were work-related. Due to the generosity of my wife, she allowed me to stay in San Francisco to see my best friend (Mike D./PB) and his wife (Kate/PBTW2). They have a really cool apartment that overlooks downtown San Francisco. We spent the weekend catching-up, seeing some sights, eating Kate's homemade cooking, and visiting a flea market.


PB & PB at Izzy's Steakhouse
The Golden Gate Bridge



A view of San Francisco from the "Twin Peaks" area


Here's the view of the Bay Bridge from our San Francisco office

PB and PBTW2




A confusing sign in San Francisco
Kate is seriously one of the best cooks around and an even nicer PBTW2

PB and PB having a tender moment



Finally, Suzanne and I were deeply saddened to hear that our former minister at Prestoncrest Church of Christ, Prentice Meador, passed-away on Tuesday morning from complications from pneumonia. Prentice was the single biggest influence on my spiritual life and my Christian journey. While I didn't know Prentice well, I will always be grateful to him (and his wife) for coming to the hospital and praying with Suzanne when she was pregnant. We love the Meador family very much and we will say a prayer of Thanksgiving for Prentice's life and influence. Additionally, please pray for Prentice's granddaughter, who is recovering from hip surgery (as a result of leukemia).

Dr. Prentice Meador
1938 - 2008

1 comment:

The Ivey Family said...

I'm jealous of your trip, Jack. I miss SF - I can almost pick out my old apartment in one of your photos!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers