Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bah, Humbug!!

In case you were wondering...I'm still at the hospital. I'm now on my 11th day in the hospital - it's a little bit like jail without the bars and the people are nicer. I don't know what the people are like in jail but I'm guessing they're not quite as nice as hospital people.
We did not have a great appointment at the Perinatologist on Friday. Unfortunately my week of being in the hospital did nothing for my cervical length and it is now down to 6mm. This is frustrating and honestly just depressing. They upped my Procardia but really there's not much else they can do for me medically to stop what's happening with my cervix. We're basically just praying that the continued shortening does not lead to active labor - at least not for several more weeks. My doctor went ahead and had the NICU come up for a consultation so we would be prepared in case they do come soon. Talk about depressing...who wants to come visit their babies in the NICU for the first two months of their life?
Despite all my other bad news, I am excited that I've made it to 29 weeks! Just like last week, it's better than the week before. Every day I stay pregnant saves the babies 3 days in the NICU so I'm doing everything I can to keep my uterus from being "irritable". Unfortunately (and fortunately) weeks 25-30 are when the babies go through a significant growth period and that growth also causes your uterus to expand which causes irritability and contractions and a lot of contractions can cause you to go into labor. It's such a double-edge sword!
So, please continue to pray that I can stay pregnant for at least a few more weeks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I think about you everyday! I hate that you are stuck in the hospital but everything is a phase with these kids. Hang in there and keep those little boys cooking. Much love, Laura

Alexis said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers