Friday, June 22, 2007

Sonogram Update

I had my weekly visit with the Perinatologist this morning for a quick look at the babies and my cervix. The babies are doing beautifully - no problems at all. They are still completely unaware of the problems they are causing their mom but that's just fine with me! My cervix, on the other hand, is now starting to dilate...this is not so great news. It's only dilated to .8 cm (8mm) so that's not much but it definitely means I'm getting closer and closer to full-on labor. Dr. Rinehart (the Perinatologist) said not to worry and that I could come back next week and have no dilation at all but I'm not holding my breath for that. The good news is that I'm not having any other symptoms that would indicate I'm headed toward labor - no bleeding, cramping, etc. The other good thing is that my blood pressure continues to be normal (thanks, I'm sure, to the Procaradia) and I don't have any swelling to speak of. So, there are positives despite the negatives of being in the hospital and starting to dilate. The other good news is that I will be 30 weeks on Monday! Right now we are really shooting for 32 weeks AT LEAST so please continue to pray that these little guys can hang on until then.

Here is a picture of me from last Sunday - I know this picture is deceptive but I really have gained 40 pounds already!!

I think this picture is funny because that's my dad holding a towel up as the backdrop behind me. We thought you could see the picture better with the dark backdrop but unfortunately I'm wider than the towel!

My grandmother also came by last week with her 90-year-old sister...That's my grandmother on the left and her sister on the right - they are rather hilarious. My sister is taking the picture and she was trying to get the two of them to smile (they NEVER smile in pictures). This was also a special treat because I was able to lie on the couch in my room for a while because they were changing my sheets. It was nice to have a different perspective on my room!

Tonight is date night with Jack! We're watching Breach and eating Hamburger Helper (one of my favorite pregnancy foods)! Isn't that how everyone wants to spend their Friday night??

1 comment:

Alexis said...

You are so cute! I love the picture of you on the couch laughing! I'm glad there are family and friends who can come visit and help pass the time! All four of you are in my prayers!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers