So, on Monday we got the "official" word that I'm going to be on bedrest for the long-haul. Yup, I will be laying here until I have these little dudes which will hopefully not be for another 9-10 weeks. Oh my goodness, that's a long time to be laying on your side (preferably your left-hand side). It makes my back and just about every other part of my body hurt just thinking about it. Now, trying to be positive, I will hopefully get to be at home all of that time. Please, please, please say a prayer that my cervix does not get to 18mm (1.8 cm) or below because then I will have to go back to the hospital for an extended stay. We go back for another measurement on Friday so I will let you know what the outcome is for this week.
In other news...I was so sad that we wouldn't get to see our friends at the couples shower this past weekend but some sneaky, sneaky people managed to surprise me with a mini at-home shower with the hostesses and our family! It was such a wonderful surprise and really helped me remember how blessed we truly are to have such amazing friends and family. Here are some pics...
The proud parents-to-be

Me with my wonderful grandmother, Louise.
How cute is this? Those are two chairs for the boy's room and look at all those cute onesies!
Al, Me, Megan, Tricia, Nicole, Erica

2 comments:
I have been thinking about you so much lately, my sweet bed rest buddy! I hope you are managing to pass the time without too many urges to burst out in furious screaming... I got to that point several times today!
Seriously though, I'm praying for your precious boys and hoping that staying down will keep them where they are for several more weeks. A good friend of mine who just had a preemie reminded me that every day in the womb is worth 3 or 4 that your boys WON'T have to be in the NICU! That's incentive!
Call me if you get bored...but don't interrupt me if I'm catching a new episode of Little People Big World, or Babies: Special Delivery! :)
- Laura
Hang in there! We are praying for you and your baby boys. It will all be worth it when they are born!
Post a Comment