Saturday, June 9, 2007

My new favorite place - the hospital

I just didn't quite get enough of the hospital a few weeks ago so I thought I would come back for a nice long visit. Yes, I am back in the hospital for what looks like the rest of this pregnancy. When we went for our visit with the Perinatologist yesterday I could tell immediately that my cervix was shorter than it was last week. I should obviously be a doctor because I was right - it was down to 14mm (1.4 cm). This is 7mm shorter than it was last week. Dr. Nokleberg had already said that if it was below 18mm I would be back in the hospital so at least I wasn't surprised. I am now an official resident in the High Risk Maternity area which, for a hospital, is actually really nice. Before I was in their short-stay overflow area which is just a normal hospital room, but luckily this is quite a bit larger and a little more comfy. There is a pull-out bed so Jack stayed up here last night as well. I have a lovely view of the roof and the AIG building and if I could sit up in the bed I could also see the DART rail! Does it get any better than this? Just kidding...I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this whole thing which I know will be harder the longer I'm here. My doctor said this morning that we will "just see how things go" and if my cervix will get to a holding place then I might get to go back home. I'm not holding my breath on this one but at least it gives me a glimmer of hope.

The good news is that the babies are still completely unfazed by my every-shortening cervix. If I had my scanner I would post the new pictures of our "fat-cheeked" babies - I just know they're going to have big dimples like their dad. They didn't weigh them yesterday (they usually only do that every 14 days) but they are definitely putting on weight or at least their mom is - I gained 4lbs. this week! Surely these guys weigh at least 6 pounds by now!! Just kidding, but seriously I feel like I double in size every day.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last several weeks. Please continue to pray for the health of the boys and this pregnancy and that I can stay pregnant for at least another 6 weeks (34 weeks).

P.S. I just figured out how to add the fun pregnancy ticker and the counter thing. How fun is that?

1 comment:

gena said...

I am so sorry you have ending up in the hospital, though Presby is the place to be if you have to be laying flat, I will keep you family in my prayers.
Please let me know if I can do anything at all for you. With love, Gena

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers