Tuesday, September 30, 2008

House of Sickies & Official FIRST STEPS!!

So, I'll start with the first steps because I know that's what everyone really wants to know about...Luke officially took his first steps on Sunday! The three of us were sitting in the hallway with the lion walker and Luke was getting ready for a tantrum. Out of nowhere Luke lets go of the walker and takes four steps over to me!! I SCREAMED at Jack that he was walking and then Luke proceeded to have a full-on tantrum...didn't care at all that he had just walked all by himself! Once he recovered from whatever oh-so-awful thing had sent him into tantrum mode there was no more walking that day. I thought it was going to be a one-time deal but he took more steps yesterday and even more today and kinda even seems to understand what he's doing...we'll see! I don't have any video yet but we're working on it.
In other news...this has definitely been a house of sickies since last week. Jack mentioned that Luke had a stomach virus last week which he generously shared with Jacob. Over the weekend everyone - including Jack & I - developed snotty, runny noses which just won't seem to go away. Luckily, Luke got past his stomach virus over the weekend so he went back to Sunshine School yesterday and Jacob stayed home with my sister while I went to work. Thanks Aunt E for watching Jacob! So, since we don't want to share our germs with our friends, the boys and I went to the Arboretum for an outdoor lunch and stayed away from all the kiddos. We did get to have some fun with pumpkins, though...

Last but not least we wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to our friends Brad & Meredith on the birth of their precious twinsies, Kathryn & Garrett. Meredith has been on hospital bedrest since she was 19 weeks and patiently waited 14 1/2 weeks until those babies were born yesterday at 33 weeks and 5 days!! She is truly amazing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, I am thrilled that you have your new "device" to make your life easier to manage! I love being able to keep up with Jacob and Luke and all of their "antics!"
What fun it will be to watch all of our twins grow up together! Now that Mister Luke is on the prowl, you better lock things down!!!
Love, Olena

TeamRiss said...

Yeah for walkers! You guys are going to love it. Next time we get together I'm sure the boys will be able to teach Cole a thing or two.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers