Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I knew this day would come...

Luke is starting to thin out. I know, it's sad and shocking. Now, obviously he is by no means becoming a skinny child but just look at him... He used to look like this...

Everyone said that I would miss those rolls one day and now I'm starting to realize that day may be closer than I thought. What's funny is that Jacob was never really chunky like Luke but look at this gut...

His diaper kinda covers up most of the gut but I didn't think he would appreciate a buck-naked picture of himself on the internet. Oh, and they are both obsessed with the Diaper Champ which makes this photo so perfect. Isn't that disgusting? They like to turn the handle back and forth and push it around the room. If they only knew...

In addition to everyone growing up before my eyes, we are now working on going to one nap a day. Since they do one nap at Sunshine School we figured it would be less confusing to them if we did one nap at home too. I've gotten so used to them going to bed at 9:00 so now I have no idea what to do with them. Apparently they don't want to return work emails which is usually what I do when they go to bed in the morning. I'm afraid to put them in the car and take them anywhere because they will fall asleep and then our day is pretty much just bad, bad, bad. I guess I will have to bust out my Healthy Sleep Habits book for advice. The fun never ends!
Still no walking from the dynamic duo but everyone in their Sunshine School class walks so I'm hoping that will spark some interest from them. Honestly, they crawl so fast I wonder if they think walking would just slow them down? I'm sure they've thought that all through. I am hearing more words from them lately, well, mainly from Luke but Jacob says "ball" like a pro. Other than that and, of course, mama & dada, he usually mumbles in something that sounds oddly like Farsi. Luke also mumbles but he tries to repeat sounds you make so that's pretty funny. This morning I walked in the playroom and said, "yo, yo, yo babies" and Luke said, "Ya, Ya, gjgfdlkmj;kodkvgt" or something like that.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

MereMoore said...

Wow-he is thinning out...sweet baby! looks like jacob did good on his first day of school too! awesome!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers