Friday, March 9, 2007

Pregnancy Brain

I have always heard pregnant people refer to their "pregnancy brain" and thought this was really a myth. I have read in all my pregnancy books that apparently this really does happen and not to worry you won't be forgetful forever. I was hoping that I could skip out on this pregnancy symptom just like the whole morning sickness thing, but alas, I have not been spared. I have become just plain stupid. Now, as Jack will tell you, I have tried to blame many things on pregnancy in the last few months, but I think yesterday was my first legitimate "pregnancy brain" moment. Our cleaning woman was scheduled to clean our house yesterday and I was so excited because we're having a shower there on Saturday morning and it just needed a good cleaning (cleaning is also something I believe pregnant people should be exempt from). So, I reminded myself all morning to leave her a check and even made Jack remind me before I left for work and thankfully I did remember to leave her a check. I did not however remember to leave her a key to the house, which is rather important if she's going to clean the inside of it. I can not believe this! I am not a forgetful person!! Anyway, I am sure that our cleaning woman hates me but she was able to fit us in today and so obviously she is fantastic! Of course, I had to double-check about 10 times this morning to make sure I actually left her a key...so now I am also becoming paranoid.
Poor Jack is having a colonoscopy today so please say a little prayer for him!
Suzanne

1 comment:

Lindsey Holm said...

I can so relate! I have completely had pregnancy brain these last few months. I feel like a total moron sometimes, b/c I am not normally a forgetful person either. It is so frustrating - hang in there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers