Thursday, March 22, 2007
Thursday
Today was a much better day for Jack. Thank you all for your prayers about his pain management. By the time we were able to see him at 10:30 he had already been out of bed and sitting in the chair twice! This sounds small, but it's a huge accomplishment. Although they're far from lowering the dosage on his pain meds he is definitely getting some much needed relief from the pain. He is back to some of his Jack ways which is such a great sight. They were able to take out his nose tube and arterial line (this is the main vein in your wrist) so he is much more free to move around without pulling things out. They were able to take him off the insulin drip this evening because his blood sugar levels have been so great! This is such great news! When we left around 9:30 they still had not needed to give him any insulin which is just wonderful. Although he will inevitably need some insulin this is a great sign that it might be only temporary. So he should be able to move out of ICU in the morning and to a room in the Critical Care Unit (CCU). He was hoping to be able to get up and do some walking during the night so I'm excited to see what he has done in the morning!! I think those are all the updates for today. I'm totally exhausted and going to bed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for the updates Suzanne. Tell Jack we're thinking about him and praying for his speedy recovery.
Brad & Jessica Birchfield
Suzanne,
I'm thrilled with the news about Jack's progress. Please tell him HI and that I'm keeping him in my prayers.
Debbie Garza
Just found this blog and am hooked. I guess being away you miss out on hearing stuff. I was just thinking yesterday when Jack and I would head out to the batting cages during the day with kaitlyn to get some BP in before the big game.
Glad to hear that he is improving and we will continue to pray for him.
We are so glad to hear such good news about Jack's successful surgery. God is so good!! I am so glad you are able to keep us all informed. Jack (not to mention Suzanne!) has a pretty big fan club, and you both remain in our prayers.
Love, James & Vicki Goode
Post a Comment